Cheating on significant other?

Thoughts about cheating. Do you believe in giving second chances?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think cheating is the ultimate betrayal. Its what made my parents divorce when I was 12. Its also one of the 10 commandment's. If you want to cheat then you don't love the one you're with. If you really loved someone and they you then you'll be getting everything you need and cheating won't be necessary. Some men and women cheat because they're not getting what they need from their mates. If the mate isn't capable of giving what the other needs then you're not compatible and need to separate. Some cheat because of severe or terminal illness with there mates make them yearn for compassion to ease the pain of watching their loved one dying. I can sort of understand the last one but I personally couldn't do it

What Guys Said 6

• 1. If it's about her having sex with someone else, it can always be discussed and understood
    2. If it's emotional attachment to someone else then no matter how much I love her, she's free to go while she'll have my support (but not mistake me to be a door mat ever)
    3. If it's about cheating on a strategic situation i. e. not the sex part but on other counts i. e. doing things that are deterimental to my work &/or family &/or children etc - she'll be demolished the best way possible :-D

• No, I think that for *me*, her cheating would the point from which there's no return.

I could never trust her fully again, and I'd certainly never be able to feel the same type of love for her.

• This is one thing I will not tolerate. If you cheat on me, I cannot trust you, if I cannot trust you then I cannot love you. Simple as that.

• Nope
    its the ultimate sign of disrespect and just shows what a shitty person they are.
    so 2nd chance?
    more chance of me sprouting wings, flying over a group of pigeons and shitting on them in a drive-by style revenge attack

• No second chances I you truly love that person you would never cheat on them no matter what. 1 time is 1 time too many!!!

• The saying "once a cheat, always a treat" exists for a good reason.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't condone cheating. I also never give second chances. I am incredibly black and white when it comes to issues others have a grey area on. He cheats once and he's dead to me. The type of cheating doesn't matter either. Emotional or physical, I'd be out of there. And kisses are cheating - even ones that aren't his "fault." He put himself in that situation. He'd be hard pressed to convince me he was completely innocent.

No take backs, no second chances, no apologies. He'd just be wasting his breath. It doesn't matter how important he was to me, that relationship would be dead in an instant. That bridge would be burned and that'd be the end of it. I don't forgive that. If he cheats he may as well just walk out of my life on his own accord because I'll lock him out of it.

• no. there's really no point. i mean... i'd never trust him again. ever.

• It depends on who it is and what it is

• No. I do not believe in second chances.