Guys and Girls... what the hell is up with this double standard?

As human beings, we are all entitled to our sexual preferences.

For years now, it has been deemed OK for a man and another man to date, for a woman to chose to date muscular guys, etc...

My question is, why am I receiving so much hate for turning down a black girl for a white girl. I'm not racist - I have plenty of black friends - though I chose not to want to date them, because they don't fall into my sexual preference.

I'm being called a racist now, which seems kind of harsh?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's nothing wrong with that, but unfortunately, the PC Police have an agenda that mandates that white guys not express any preferences that are racially based. This is silly, though, since race is an important part of a person's physical presence. Their skin tone, their hair texture, their facial features, all are controlled by their race. Lots of white guys don't find black girls attractive, just as lots of black girls don't find white guys attractive. Anyone who has an issue with this should really do some soul searching and realize that no one is required to like anyone else.

What Girls Said 7

• OK for a man and another man to date
    WTF does that mean?

• Well to judge someone completely off of physical appearance instead of looking at character is rude. I've dated tons I people who aren't my preference (even racially) because thy where great people and I wanted to get to know them better

• @aamy811 some people can't help it though, they're just wired like that. but I get your drift :D

• @dartmaul15 it's not leading them on. The first couple of dates are a trial run. You dot know if you like them or find them attractive unless you try

• @aamy811 if you know that trial run is going to fail then it is leading them on. ANd it definitively is if you go beyond that simply to be sure you're not growing on her.
      Besides, shouldn't you allready have feelings for a person before you ask the person out for a date?

• You're doing nothing wrong. You can't control your sexual preference.
    A relationship without sexual attraction is doomed from the start.

• You did nothing wrong. Everyone has preferences.

• Because a lot of guys turn down black girls, and it's sad because they are really beautiful people

• Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate...

• Because everyone is so afraid of being called racist, that they do whatever to call everyone else racist - just to be sure, they don't seem racist themselves.

What Guys Said 6

• you're not a racist, im assuming the people hating on you are black as well? and maybe you too? just guessing.

• FBI is right, your not racist at all for that.

• I'm white... the people calling me racist are indeed black

• okay so you are white and they're hating on you for not dating a black girl? I mean why in the hell does it even matter, you can date whoever you like. regardless of ethnic background.

• You're not a racist. I don't see why you would should be expected to date someone you're not attracted to. Although I hope it was more than skin tone that made you reject her, did she have a bad personality 9 was she just not your type physically?

I only ask cause I have no racial preferences, so I'm curious if your reason of why this particular black girl wasn't a match if you don't mind sharing.

• They are bitter from being rejected. Disregard their opinions.

• can't call em black now m8 that's not politically correct. can't help u i don't know any indigenous people. Its all white trash here.

• i was in the same situation with u. i wasn't called a racist. i prefer Asian white and some latinas if their educated and not trashy (for I've met so many hot ones that were trashy). i m not racist. its attraction

• you can't turn down a black girl but they can turn down a short guy same thing really