What should you do when a woman is scared to commit?

I've been seeing this woman for about a month and things have been going great until a date last week. The date went great but at the end she started telling me she doesn't want me to think about being a couple soon because she been hurt in the past. I get the impression she was scared of being hurt again. I simply told her that I really like her and I'm not those other guys, but that she needs to figure out what she wants.

The next couple days she called me and texted me more often than she ever has, but I told her I had to think about things for a few days but we'd talk soon. Finally she texted me that she can't sleep and it's eating up her thoughts and that she had to see me that night so we can talk.

We talked about some things and eventually decided that in a month she will need to decide if she wants a relationship. I thought it was a good sign that she missed me so much, but now she won't commit to a date this week. Usually she's up for anything or will pick another date if she's busy, but this time she was just aloof and nonspecific.

I don't think she's the type to play games, she's just been acting weird this week. Should I leave her alone until she contacts me since I've already asked her out this week? I don't want to be lead on, but I do want be supportive if she just feeling scared about a new relationship. My friend says I should start getting to know this other woman who is interested in me. That a good idea?

What should I do?

What Girls Said 2

• If you still really like her and think its worth it, than you should take things really slow and make sure she feels trusted and makes sure she's definitely sees a future with you involved. If not, do yourself a favor and move on. Don't waste your time when you could be doing better things for yourself.

• start dating other women

What Guys Said 0