OH NO! Now is it GAME OVER?

I always turned up late to my dates and today in particularly, I was being a total idiot, messing up my time management and came 2 hours late to the destination. When I texted him I was there, he replied this:

" I just left. I have work in an hour. Hence why I said meet up at half past ten. Even if I didn't have work though, I have better things to do than wait for someone who doesn't even respect me enough to show up on time."

Did I hurt him? Frustrate him or anger him? The good thing is that I still have his book so I have an excuse to talk to him by returning it. What should I do?

• It sounds like he doesn't care anymore. :'(
  • He feels hurt. You aren't taking this seriously and he thinks you don't really want him.
  • He feels angry and frustrated.
  • Both angry and hurt as well as frustrated.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the latest I've ever been for a date is five minutes, and that was with me texting her saying I'd just gotten off the subway, and would be right there.

You say you're always late! Break that habit, right now.

In the last six months, only one girl I've dated has bothered showing up on time. I'm sick of it, like I should be grateful they're even showing up at all to a date they agreed to come on?

I totally agree with his statement. He waited much longer than he needed to and got no explanation or warning you were running ridiculously late? You owe him an apology, he owes you less than nothing.

• I'd do anything, absolutely anything to patch this up :( I told him I was running late but he never replied until the point I asked him where he was when I got there.

• You can try apologizing, and if, in the unlikely event you manage to get him to go out with you again, you have to absolutely nail it, be totally perfect, knock his freakin' socks off.

Good luck, you need a lot of it after this big a screw up.

What Guys Said 9

• I vote option E: All of the above.
    2 hours late? really? thats a deal breaker. did you at least give him a heads up that you were going to be late? actually, doesn't even matter anymore. He probably will never ask again.

• What do I do now? If I apologise, ect, will it work? Please, I really love him but I'm just aloof and don't show it as much :( I have big problems expressing how I feel.

• No. :( Did not reply.

• Thats a bad sign... he's still heated. look.. send what i sent you, but as a text. this should have been reversed.. thanks for messing up the rotation.. you should have sent mine as text, then given a concise apology in person After he replied, which he would have, I phrased that to appeal to a disrespected guy's sense of forgiveness...

• I was unable to select a answer on the poll because you didn't exactly describe what type of person he is.
    The poll selection are all valid depending on the person.

You need to learn how to manage your time. As time is very precious. It's not like money where at least there are opportunities that you can recover it. Time on the other hand will have no opportunity to get back.

I suggest you to learn time management. I really don't want to sound critical but I feel like 2 hours is ridiculous.

• Didn't vote. I would take it a few times... then your done. Very immature.

upload.wikimedia.org/.../...rt_by_Robert_Crumb.jpg

Keep fudging around and you will lose him. Very discourteous wasting other peoples time like that.

• Thats pretty bad... I'd leave after 25-30 minutes if my date doesn't show up and let me know.

It is indeed disrespectful, and I'd complete take it as you just aren't that serious or into me.

• He waited for me for 1.5 hours as he said :( I don't know what to do now, I still have his book, how should I return it to him? We are both pilots, so should I say something at the airport? We are both going flying on Wednesday.

• Should I tell him this:
      Todd, I am really sorry about what happened on Monday. I was absolutely and I am kicking myself for it. You are the most amazing thing that ever happened to me, you brought colours into my dull monochrome life. You taught me many things and wisdom, especially that looks are never everything. I would be hard to find a gentleman nowadays that is selfless, very intelligent and wise these days like you, it would totally burn to lose you. Could you please give me another chance to correct myself? I swear to god it will never happen again. I never do change, I am adamant but for you, I will do anything to change to make this work a second time.

Is this good? Creepy? ANything to add to it?

• Uhh, the apology was good, after that in the middle was a little much. Asking for another chance is fine.

• How are you in a relationship and going on dates?

Anyway, that was disrespectful. Very disrespectful. I'd wait 15 minutes then I'm gone. Not even a text or anything? That just shows what kind of person you are.

• I did. I said I was going to turn up late but he did not reply until I sent him a second text to ask him where he was.

• you dun goofed up!
    Seriously, NEVER be late for a date! NEVER! He is right about his text, and you should consider that. A deal is a deal. And seriously, HOW did you manage to be 2 hours late? HOW?

• I was doing my makeup for him and I was playing Battle Camp on my mobile :(

• *facepalm* congratulations, you dun goofed up.
      i'd handle up to 15 minutes, but 2 hours... that's going to be REALLY hard to recover from that early in a potential relationship, if not impossible.
      The only thing you can do now is to apologize and hope for the best. it's all up to him if he considers it a dealbreaker or not, and since it's your fault, all you can do is to accept his decission.

• I would explain it to him, I mean you can't help things like that. If he's still mad that means he's just an asshole

• You showed him total disrespect and If I was him I wouldn't even text you back, I'd have blocked and deleted your number.

• Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance.
      And I didn't even do that.

• I've got no sympathy for you. Had you text him informing him you were running late and kept him in the loop, I'm sure he would have understood but you didn't even do that.

• 2 hours is terrible. You could of at least let him know you were going to be late.

• Thing is, I really did. But he never replied until I asked him where he was when I got there.

• Excuse my spelling didn't realize I typed that bad at the time of wrighting. *emberassed, sat

• Well, I guess we both fly, so we can see each other in the airport. Damn, I want to go down on my knees but that would look pathetic and desperate.

What Girls Said 4

• you need to apologize profusely and make it up to him in some way. he's probably angry, hurt and wondering if ur worth it. being so late shows that youdont respect that persons time

• Should I tell him this:

• that's really sweet and sincere

• Thank you so much. Are you sure it doesn't look creepy?

• well to be honest I would have left as well. once is allright, I understand that things happen. but you are always late.
    ı dont think the problem is today. whether its a date or friendship being an hour late somewhere is never acceptable. at least text and let them know something came up or you will be there in 5. (actually 5 ) min.

I am generally late to classes and stuff as well, and dates 5 min is a given. but more than that is not good. use more alarms , and snooze them so if you start getting distracted they would let you know you have to get back to getting ready.

calculate how long it takes for you to get ready and add 15/20 min extra time.

and PLAN AHEAD. how can you not know what time you have to be where? If something is running long, you can say I am sorry but I have to leave or you can generally realize that its not going to end when you think it was. so there is 15 min for you to get going to be on time but the work is still going on and you can't leave let him know text. also if there is no real end time given, dont plan dates on assumptions. like I have a group meeting at 5 in thursday. sometimes we end in 6 sometimes it goes up to 8. So I give no other promises for thursday.

No self respecting person would like someone to constantly be late. Its not fair on them , It clearly shows you dont care. even if you do.

also time management is something that you clearly need for future anyway, dont do it for him , do it for you. If that was a business meeting you missed, you could have gotten fired over it. no excuses.

however you are really like to have his book. explain to him you are sorrry. you realize that its rude, but you really are awful in time management. Its not about him you generally suck at it. also promise you won't make him wait, you will be extra extra careful if he gives you one more chance. (And DONT be LATE)

• Did you even bother telling him you messed up your schedules?

Honestly, would you like waiting around for a guy for 2 HOURS? Doubt it, probably be complaining online about how he's messing you around and doesn't have any respect.

Yes, it's most likely game over. Considering that it's not the first time you've done this, he's very justified in telling you to sling your hook.

• I really love him, he is the first person I fell in love with. What to do? Please tell me how to fix this up :(

• You need to fix your priorities before you try to fix relationships. You shouldn't be in one, if doing your make-up and playing games was more important, than being on a date on time.

• You disrespected him, cos that's how he feels, he's said so in his text