If you were dating a 19 year old girl and she told you she's still a virgin what would you think?

Like honestly? I'm not even dating at the moment but I've told a few guys (just friends) and they were shocked which made me feel even more insecure about this. I know it's not "normal" but like how would most guys react? think I'm a weirdo and run? :/

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know what you mean by "it's not normal". It's plenty normal for a girl to be 19 and still be a virgin. It is obviously less common than a girl being 16 and still a virgin, but it's not into any kind of 'weird' age range. High school guys are pretty useless, for the most part, and generally looking to just get laid, so a girl that respects herself often doesn't have a lot of options for guys looking to 'take it slow' and grow a relationship organically. So someone wanting something a little more substantial before engaging in sex will often find they simply don't have enough suitors to find a match during the teens (and early 20s, for that matter).

Guys probably seem shocked because you are pretty, so they will assume you would have had enough male interest to find a guy acceptable to your tastes that is willing to have an actual relationship.

I have never heard of a guy breaking up with a girl because she hasn't had enough OTHER men's penises in her though. A guy who doesn't care about a relationship may shy away because he thinks it will be too much of a time commitment to crack the seal of a virgin, but a guy that is interested in you for YOU and not for your crotch, will not be scared away by that, guaranteed.

What Guys Said 8

• No i was a virgin till I was nineteen as well. i don't think your weird just haven't had sex yet. I am not going to say save yourself for someone special. But for the mist part unless your hymen is going to be a problem for your first time the guy is never going to know the difference.

• i would find you cuter lol and have a million more reasons to be civil with you ( i would hate for any girl to think i m with her for sex or because of her virginity)

• What is "normal" I would like to know, I was 19 when I lost mine. If I a girl I was dating told me she was a virgin I definitely WON'T think she's a weirdo and run why just because the girl has no sexual experience? That would be lame and very immature for a man to run away from a virgin.

• Indifferent. Why would it matter

• I'd think I'm dating a 19 year old.

• I wouldn't bother me at all I'm 21 and a virgin nothing strange about it.

• I say what you think about a 46 year old virgin :P

• I'd be unsurprised.

What Girls Said 1