I'm thinking of asking my new girlfriend if she and her kid would like to go to a Christmas tree lighting. Opinions?

It's on the 30th. There will be a Christmas tree lighting, snacks and drinks, music, and Santa Clause will be there. Her daughter is about 4 1/2. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Lovely idea. I'm sure she'd like it, her daughter would like it and you'd be appreciated. Win win for all

What Girls Said 4

• Not sure why you even have to ask Fantastic idea.

Don't be upset if she says no, I don't allow anyone to meet my daughter until we have been together for a while because I don't want her or him o get too attached to each other right away.

• I can understand that. I have met her daughter. And there was a N almost instant connection. I think her daughter could sense the love between me and her mom.

• that is a great idea! she will love that you want to do something that involves her kid not just her and go on a date thats family orientated. try to become the kids friend dont act like a dad figure (way too early in the relationship)

• Yes! Be her friend (both of them). On that note though, her daughter has called me 'daddy' before. We were just hanging out and she comes over gives me a hug and calls me 'daddy'. It was a bit awkward, but melted my heart.

• If I was a mum and I was with a guy who wanted to take me and my kid to a Christmas tree lighting I would like that.

• I think it's very sweet! Do it :)

What Guys Said 4

• d00d that sounds like an awesome idea! I would totally do it! and if I was that girl I would totally agree! :D

• Do it! Assuming you didn't meet her just yesterday, that is, haha. But seriously, if you two are into one another she'd probably be very glad to see you 1) accepting her child and 2) finding activities that include her daughter. It would definitely raise the comfort level.

• We've known eachother for years actually, but recently started dating officially. We have done things together before, the 3 of us. And there is definitely that feeling of comfort we have together.

• Awesome! I don't know you, but it makes me happy to hear a story like that. I have a feeling you already know the right things to say and do with her, and this is a great example of that showing through!

• Thanks man! I'll call her today :D

• On point.👌Do it shell love it and dont only pay attention ti her but the kid too she'll even feel more open amd comfortable witj you but make sure you pay for everything or as much as possible.

• Of course I'd give her kid my attention. She's great!

• Sounds delightful.