Want to ask a girl out but don't have my driver's license yet?

So there's this kinda cute girl in one of my classes that I'm 95% sure that she likes me. I want to go up to her and ask for her number, but I don't have my license yet (just a permit). I know its fairly late to be getting my license now (I'm 18) and I have a lot of hours but it will still be months before I can take my driving exam, and the class ends in December. I probably should go up and talk to her but I dont know what we would do If we couldn't go on dates. I sure as hell would never have my Mom or Dad drive me to a date, but neither do I want to pass up the chance of having a girlfriend. I haven't really had a real girlfriend so far, and I get pretty lonely sometimes. Is there anything I can do or should I just wait for someone else to come along when I have my drivers license in the future?

Most Helpful Guy

• just ask her out anyways, you can't wait months before doing that for a license. she may be gone by then or have lost interest.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm 33 I've been practicing to drive 2 years.. but unlike u I'm not desperate to pass I take a notion from time to time to get behind the wheel I won't be passing anytime soon lol

well id keep up the driving because your young and it's freedom for you.. as for this girl you should ask her out regardless I mean you don't need a licence to see her or take her out in dates they have public transport and it's cheaper than constantly maintains and running a car..

• That kinda sucks. Just ask her out. I mean you can wait a little bit for it

• But if I get her number what do I tell her? I doubt she is going to wait around a few months before I finally get the damn license so we can actually go out.

What Guys Said 1

• What state do you live in? When I lived in Florida, at 18, you could just take the driving exam. I live in Alabama now, and I'm pretty sure it's the same here. Ask her to met you somewhere.

If you do go out and you hit it off she's gonna find out. Just be honest.