Do you agree with the half your age plus 7 rule for dating?

So for example if you're 22, the youngest you can date is 22/2+7 = 18 etc.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I think people should date their age... So you experience the actual stage if your life when you're in it. No point jumping Ahead or lagging behind it's not balanced mentally in my opinion.

Not going more than three years plus or minus. Billions of people in the world no one needs to be with someone half a generation their senior/ junior... I wouldn't trust a person with great age difference who wanted to be with me.. I figure they are a lazy dater or compensating for something and using me to do it. Total turn off. Plus the excuse that people our age are too mature is Pathetic bc they won't change if they don't have to.

What Girls Said 6

• This means 25 year olds are fair game @suitandtie. Ha ha ha. If I was single I'd be all for the rule of 7. 😀 And when I'm 60 I can date 37 year olds rawr!

• When I was 23, I was with a hot 52 year old for a while. Although, I always did have an uncontrollable attraction to older women. So do what you need to, to enjoy yourself.

• It's a decent guideline, but every circumstance is different - especially in younger teens and 20s, a few years can make a huge difference; however, I know plenty of couples with a fairly large age gap that are also happy!

• Some of my male friends use that rule on a night out :/

• Never heard of that.

• So how do you decide what the Max age difference is

• i have never heard of that...

• I think that its pretty good for dating, because it gets you roughly in an age group where people will be in the same stage of life that you are.

For sex however, fuck that. :D

What Guys Said 3

• yep, for the most part. I'm not totally against dating someone significantly younger but we'd have to really connect.

• I've never hear of that rule so no. Plus I'm 20 so by your logic it be okay for me to date a 17 year old. Yeah the law sees that differently depending on what state I'm in.

• Romeo and Juliet laws exist in most states which allow close in age exceptions

• Yeah, but I don't know about my state and prefer not to take chances.

• Too much math.