My boyfriend has some kind of feelings for another girl?

I've been with my boyfriend a year. It's semi long distance. I'm in college an hour away and he drives but I don't but we still spend nearly every weekend together. Recently we were drunk at a party and came close to getting with a female friend of his (me and her made out and stripped in front of our bf's). Neither of us girls had a good time and. I told him that the next day and he started feeling bad for her after that. He started telling me that he felt weirdly protective of her. Then her boyfriend broke up with her in the most terrible way and she's heartbroken, and he keeps telling me how he feels like he wants to protect her and make her feel better but that he doesn't love her. But he feels guilty and confused for having these feelings for her. Should I be worried? Honestly she's a sweet girl and I feel bad for her too. He wants me to become friends with her but mostly so he can become friends with her. He says he doesn't understand how he feels but that he definitely loves me and wants a life with me. And he hopes this feeling he has for her goes away. I'm so confused.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been in almost the same situation as your boyfriend. My best friend (who happens to be a girl) was heartbroken and my girlfriend was a good friend of hers as well. I told my girlfriend I did not want this other girl to go through this, so I comforted her (after telling my girlfriend that she did not have to worry, since she was the one I loved). I've talked to her (the heartbroken girl) and gave her a sincere hug while my girlfriend was on the same couch. I spent more time comforting my best friend than I spent time being romantic with my girlfriend that night, and after that things got a little weird. She thought I had feelings for this other girl other than just friendship and began to question my love for her. I just saw her as a good friend and sincerely loved my girlfriend, but eventually she broke up with me.
    The only thing I can give you is this: Trust him if he says he loves you. If he feels protective over this other girl because she is heartbroken, let him protect/comfort her. If you're in doubt you can ask him who he loves, his answer will be the truth. I never regret the fact I comforted my friend. What I do regret is the fact that I've given my girlfriend the wrong message.

What Guys Said 1

• *sniff sniff* Threesome

What Girls Said 1

• If he has feelings for another girl, break up with him and save the pain.