Ladies, have any of you ever made the "first move" on a man that you like?

Since making the first move on a crush is a "man's thing" and today's society has changed with it's "gender rules" up a bit, I wonder how many of you ladies have started to attempt this.

Most Helpful Girl

• i guess kinda. i had a huge flirtationship with this guy, and really liked him. i was ready to ask him out but i kinda didn't know how to word it. i was like "i like you a lot, and you like me.. so.. do you wanna do something about that?" and he said "we can hang out and talk about it" lmao and we hung out like a week later, and he asked me to be his girlfriend. i had to initiate it. almost 3 years later we're still together. haha. he's pretty much my first real boyfriend ever so that was a big deal for me to say something to him

What Girls Said 15

• a bit risky but it couldnt hurt to test the waters right? it worked out fine for me

• Yep. I've never been good at conforming to gender norms.

• Yes, some succeed, some fail, same with everything.

• Sure have.

• Yeah I have :) I prevailed. Honestly, I don't see what the big issue is about "guys are supposed to do the approaching first" If I see someone I like, I'm going to go get him lol

• Yes, I have. I usually got shot down so I stopped and now the guys are rolling in!

• i think i did once, it didn't end up so well. so for me, it's only if i know the man is going to reciprocate or i have a pretty good grip on the fact that he will. i will never go in blindly.

• Yeah, but it hasn't worked so well for me so I'm not going to do it anymore.

• than dont complin why ur alone and dont have a bf. blame it one for not getting what chu want ;P

• Was I complaining about being single? No, no I wasn't.

• Nope I am to shy.

• most of the boyfriends i had, i actively pursued them first, no regrets!!!

• No, never. Probably won't either. If a guy likes you enough he will make the first move.

• Yes I have. Not sure what you mean by "first move" but usually if there's a guy I like I will start to flirt with him, if he is responsive to the flirting then I will ask him out. I would never just walk up to a stranger and ask him out because that's weird.

• Yes, I did. He was the first guy I ever liked. Though it didn't end well, but at least I got to know his feelings instead of wondering every fucking second if he liked me or not.

• I suck at that. :(

• I did it once and I hated it im very old fashioned I prefer man to come up to me :)

• What happened? Got rejected for trying?

• Hahaha. I guess the bright side of us men making the first moves is that we get rejected so much that we're used to getting rejected while a lot of girls in my experience couldn't even handle their first rejection. Lol

• Ya know u might be right about that lol

What Guys Said 3

• im sure some girls have but they are very hardcore rare

• i wouldn't hold my breath for this

• its probably as rare as winning the lottery