If you met someone else during a long distance relationship, would you beak up with the person over the phone, or wait until a face to face?

So first off, I am not saying you are cheating while you waiting to break up in person! Maybe it is just emotional, but you have talked to this other person and know you want to leave your current situation for a relationship with this new person.

Would it be kinder to call, and behind that persons back still talk to the new person, or wait?

Most Helpful Girl

• The WORST thing you could do is wait around being unhappy because you're trying to do things the "right way". I would say that a phone call is the best bet. People will say that breaking up over the phone is "wrong" and "disrespectful" but with a long distance relationship there's not many options. Plus in my opinion, it's more wrong and disrespectful to both yourself and your partner to stay in a relationship that you are not happy in just because you're trying to "do the right thing". End the current relationship as civilly as you can via phone call. And if you are definitely sure that you do not want to be in a relationship with this person anymore (and it's not just the hardships of long distance) than do NOT by any means let the current partner coax you into waiting until you see each other so you can talk... most of the time that just leads to guilt trips and unneeded drama. Wishing you the best!

• I just don't feel we both put in the effort for long distance, like she will miss some of our Skype dates and I don't like to text much and enjoy going out still. And I hate to say it, but I really have feelings for this new girl, and we have known eachother a long time just as friends, so it is not an impulse, I have really thought about it I think. I don't know. thank you very much for the help, I think this really makes sense to me

What Girls Said 1

• I personally would wait to do him the honor of breaking up face to face. My man is a good man and he deserves that much.

I don't see that happening, personally, but that's how I'd handle it.

• Even if it might be another month or two? I know I sound like a real dick but I just don't know if I can wait that long, plus it is her turn to visit and she will def know something is wrong if I visit her twice in a row. I think I am leaning towards calling her, but I do understand and appreciate your input!

What Guys Said 1

• the person is already an LDR... so basically you guys use phones and other media. its only normal to use that to break things off. don't fret, just do it (nike sign here) lol

• But even if you see each other once a month? and you dated for a year non-long distance before hand?

• Thanks for the perspective check. That makes sense I think.

• ugh.. and here i was thinking i got MHO... and yes it makes sense.. do i have to break it down?