My father doesn't allow me to visit my boyfriend at his place. What can I do about this?

Hey guys,

since a few weeks I am in a relationship with a boy I really like. We are very compatible and happy with each other. I already told him how I feel about getting physical too soon. It's something I am not comfortable with and he accepts and respects my decision.
It is winter time and always meeting up in restaurants and caf├ęs isn't the best option. I would really like to visit him at his place. It's not about sex, it's more about casually hanging around. Problem is that my father won't let me meet him in a personal area, because he is afraid he could be a sicko, hungry for sex or having some other kind of evil plan. I am 18 years old and pretty responsible, but i have no idea how to deal with this. Any ideas?

thank you :)

Most Helpful Guy

• you can't do anything about it unless you sneak around it with a good excuse at play. I wanna say you're an adult but if you live under the same roof as your dad then telling him "fuck you im an adult" won't do shit. better to obey than get kicked out, unless you can support yourself.

What Guys Said 3

• Hey u can solve this problem if u let them spend some time together... Its just that he doesn't trust ur boyfriend. If he gets to know him better.. I bet he will trust him with u.

• Hey,

What about a double date at his place? It fixes both issues, and everyone's safe and can hang out and have fun. Dad is happy, you're happy... a win win?

• You are an adult, and your father can't stop you. At most your father could throw you out, which I doubt he would do, since he would then lose all control over you. I would advise that you save up to move out and stop letting other people control your life.

What Girls Said 1

• Say you'll meet at a cafe but go to his place instead.