He is broke should it matter?

I recently met a guy and realize he was broke after I saw the over draft statement on the End table. He moved it when he realized it was there. I acted like I didn't see it. I went on like nothing had happened. Is this a red flag or should I give him a chance?

Most Helpful Guy

• Being broke should not matter. If his credit is bad that is a different story if you are thinking long term.

• I don't know but he is in late 30's

What Guys Said 4

• It shouldn't be a red flag unless he's not trying to do anything about it. Maybe he just had bad luck and things weren't as expected, but as long as he's trying and applying for jobs, it shouldn't be a red flag.

• Red flag. Look closely, miss. Do you think you'll have a good future with him and your future children?

• No especially since he's in his late 30's with no kids and struggling.

• Do you really like him?

• Yes I do, he is really sweet. I always wonder Why he never wanted to go out. It's either my place or his. Never been on a "real date".

• I don't know, we never talked about that.

• Well if it does, there shouldn't be anything to worry about really. maybe he's taking care of it

• yes and no, it matters in the fact you don't want him to take advantage of you. If he finds other ways to make up for his lack of funds, like picnics cooking for you, pick fresh flowers, write you poetry then, its understandable to over look that. the main issue is if he is unemployed but not looking or trying to grow and keep progressing in life. if that's the case the least of your problems is him not have a job.

• So him being 39 and moved back in with his parents r ok

• And we never been on real date it's my place or his. We watch Netflix but that's getting old

• I am not saying that is bad or good. it depends on his relationship with his parents/family and the situation. Most other cultures have multigenerational homes. If he is there, and doesn't left a finger, is a negative influence on others and you. then its and issue. By negative I mean, does he constantly complain and blame others for how his life is turning out? Have you asked him to take you on a real date? How old are you?

What Girls Said 3

• Only if you are a gold digger.

• Na I'm not a gold differ. Just worried

• Gotta be honest you would know if you should be worried or not. Could be that he will never be more. But a lot of people lost a lot of stuff when the economy collapsed and it takes a long time to bounce back.

• Ya I know. Im just scared because I don't know anything about his finances. Then he is 39 and moved back in with his parents to help take care of them. That's what he say. I mean ever time I'm over there they in their room

• No it shouldn't really matter everybody at one point in time struggle he might just be having a little rough patch right now, you should give him a chance, maybe even talk to him about it

• I have taken that into consideration.

• Girl I will tell you right now. There are a lot of sweet guys who are broke. There are also very sweet guys who aren't broke and have a job. The older you get the older it gets that they have problems supporting themselves.

• Ya that's what has me so confused about situation. This man is in his late 30's he should be stable but he's not.

• Then he's not going to Change. Thays a huge red flag. Its bad enough in their mid 20s. No matter how great of a guy he is that will most likely always be a huge issue between you sooner or later.