Would you date your opposite?

A question on here got me thinking, would you date someone whose personality is completely different from you?

Extroverts, do you think you could be with someone long term that didn't enjoy going out and didn't like being around a ton of people? Someone who might sit quietly in the corner during a party?

Introverts, could you see yourself being with someone who wanted to be the lkfe of the party always? Always wanting to throw parties and never being happy jsut watching a movie at home with take out?

I know those are extreme examples and thee are plenty of extroverts that enjoy peace and quiet and introverts that love clubbing. But what do you guys think? Can opposites get along for the long hual?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm an it rover and I've always dated extroverted girls we mesh well, and they tend to bring out more out of me than other introverts. I do believe that opposites attract and it's because there's a balance to it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I've had very close relations with people who were the exact opposite of me. I even once liked a guy who was my exact opposite, but we were a good match. Things didn't work out, but not because of our oppositeness (?). haha

What Guys Said 5

• I'm pretty introverted and I typically find myself attracted to women who are more lively and outgoing.

• Aww I inspired you :D
    I think of opposites as two people feeling in the other's weakness and flaw
    You're afraid to be social and I am social therefore I can get you to come out of your shell and in a way complete you (if that makes sense)
    So, yes I would date the opposite but you obviously did pick extremes that could prove to be problematic

• I would say yes I would, but then lets say if we have really different lifestyles as well then no.

• Ma opposite is a virgin HAWTIE so YESSSSSSS!

• Interesting prospect, but I'll pass. Sounds like too much of a hassle.

What Girls Said 1

• I do. My other half is completely opposite to me. I'm social and a performer, he is a hermit and a gamer with few friends.

I do marketing and customer service for a living, he does auditing and ict.

Best relationship I ever had.