Just the sight of a gay person?

I personally am not gay but nothing makes me happier than seeing two gay people being happy.

today I watched a video on YouTube of a guy dressing up like a stereotypical homosexual and walking down the streets of New York as a social experiment to see how people react.

needless to say a lot of people were mean to him and gave him a whole lot of negative insults, one person even assaulted him.

if you saw a gay man dressed like a woman in extremely tight clothes and a shirt revealing his belly, would you look at him like a normal person or would you not be okay with it?

What is your opinion on this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally love gays. I have a lot of gay friends. They are a sheer delight to hang out with and I have never met one I didn't like. They are so selfless, they are honest with you, they are amazing to hang out with and they are like the most amazing friends and they would never turn on you. NOt being stereotypical but me personally, I would definitely be fine if a gay man dressed up as a woman. The reason why I would stare is because I am admiring them.

What Girls Said 5

• I feel the same way love seeing gays/lesbians with their partners its great to see that their love is more important than what ignorant people have to say or think of them about the question I would see them as a normal person because to me that's what they are normal human beings :)

• I'm totally fine with it. In fact, I'll be very happy to see someone like that that's not afraid to show who he really is.

• No, I think it's reckless when gays do that in public.
    It's shameful and they look silly doing it to be honest it kindof makes fun of gay pride.
    If you are acting foolish then yes it's shameful, you could be shamed because you look dumb doing it.
    But not just for gay people anyone really...
    I'm not really into gay pride there's nothing more special about someone gay then someone straight so if their looking for attention few people will give it to them.

• Honestly, I'm fine with gays, I don't care who people like.
    I just feel uncomfortable when they kiss because I've only seen it twice, I do think they should just come out in public more holding hands and being a regular couple because then people like me would just get used to it and not thing twice. I used to be the same with all couples and pda's but now straight ones don't make me uncomfortable anymore because I see it all the time, straight couples always hug.
    My cousin is lesbian so I'm used to seeing her with her girls to (she's a player so there are many lol) and when we were younger I was uncomfortable when she kissed them, but now it's normal.

The only way for it to be normal and people to not think it's different is by seeing it more often.
    I find it sad that some gays say they won't do that stuff because of public abuse, but what's really really sad is that I've heard some say they can't even hug their man or snuggle up on the couch in their own homes if the curtains are open because people might see when they walk past.
    Really though, they need to be more public, or people won't get used to it. Like black people, at some points in history it wasn't really safe to walk around and there was a lot of abuse, but look at our generation and what integration has done. Gays need to do the same thing and be much much much more open for people to accept it 100% people always fear the unknown

• Gay folks be gay.. It's all good

What Guys Said 3

• NY is NY. Doesn't matter what you look like people are going to be mean. It's just a mean place.

You stand out? Well they'll specifically pick on you then. Then of course the few will get overly angry about it.

People on here can say what they want but they would think differently if they saw a gay man dressed that way. We always judge people. Even "normal looking people".

Now is the question am I okay with it? It's their choice. Their decision.

• I don't care what someone wears. Not my clothes not my problem. That's what I say.

• Nobody should to be harassed, disrespected, or treated harshly in public, regardless of who they are and what they do. We're all human and we all deserve to be treated as such.

My opinions beyond that I will keep to myself, as I do not believe our culture is tolerant enough to hear them without persecuting me.