Why do people think being a virgin is bad?

I don't understand whats so bad about being a virgin. In todays society if you're a virgin people think its funny and uncool. And in todays society in order to become a "real man" one has to "get laid". There is nothing bad about having sex either but this social stigma on being a virgin is ridiculous. You're not required to "get laid" by a certain age neither is being a virgin a bad thing.

Note: This is not based on personal experiences

Most Helpful Guy

• Generally it's because of two factors, one is the generalization that "you're a virgin because you still haven't managed to get yourself the opportunity to get laid with someone despite you desperately trying to do so" , the other is the claim that "sexuality is something that mature people do and therefore if you haven't had sex then you're still just a brat".

Basically it's because sexuality is overemphasized while the meaning behind it is butchered by the media and sexist gender-polarized thinking which claims that "having sex with a female is what defines your worth" which to be honest is kinda weird.

• OMG, that is so extremely annoying to me when people say you aren't mature of you're naive for not doing sexual things. There's a lot more to life besides sex, and just because I haven't done anything doesn't mean I'm not aware of the risks, or I'm naive about how my body works, or what you can do (I'm a huge fan of Hentai/handrawn p*rn , which is VERY graphic, and I've read many forum posts and and articles on FAM/tracking, although I only do the simple version, and I realize it's far from 100% accurate)

• LOL! So you like Hentai too then? I don't like any of the extreme stuff either, but there's SO MUCH diversity between the artists and their drawings that I think it's one of the most fascinating things on the planet. Y'know, I know LOTS of really good Hentai Tumblr sites, if you wanna message Hentai pics sometime! I don't really meet a lot of fans of it either.

Yes I agree with you, but I meant the people who have lots of sexual experience, and they laugh at you for being 'stupid', even when you understand the risks just as much or even more than them.

• @HeartsBloodDupre oh yeah, there are some hentai that are pretty hot. But some of them are weird XD not a fan of tentacles and monster girls, although there was one where she was made of... water? It was weird but the art was good, haha. I usually just waltz around on Fakku although I haven't really been keeping track in a while. It honestly depends on what you're looking for... but some art is pretty damn hot.

And yeah, I agree. They're silly, but they eventually grow out of it mostly.

What Girls Said 6

• Because in general society seems to have adopted the view that humans have about as much self-control as wild animals, and the minute the urge to get laid comes on (a. k. a. puberty), the only feasible thing to do is to go find somebody to do it with.

Screw risk of pregnancy. Screw STDs. The wild ravaging beast of hormonal driven sexual impulses shall not be silenced! The incessant libido of teenagers world-wide shall not be repressed! Self-control be darned!

• Lol you can compare yourself to a wild animal, but I'm a human. What a stupid statement to say.

• @Joshua2332 Ha true. Shoulda put #satire haha

• Humans are animals and are capable of displaying acts of savagery and wildness. So the young girl hasn't stated anything untrue and very humorous throughout.

• None of the person I met though it was bad. usually, virgin people are the one who pressured themselves. I don't give a damn if someone's a virgin. If a friend is and take it badly, I will listen to him/her but it's not my life.

• Because society is rotten and has lost all sense of morals and values. It's a filthy society

• It's a double edged sword

If you a virgin you are considered lame and 'uncool'

However if you have a lot of sex your a slut

• Most people are shallow.

• I couldn't agree more - its absolutely ridiculous that people see being a virgin a bad thing - there's nothing wrong with being a virgin. I would rather date a guy who is a virgin if he was young. People do seem to think its 'uncool' which is just stupid. Nothing wrong with it at all.

What Guys Said 8

• You said it in your question. Everything today is about sex or it seems to be so people are getting into it earlier and eariler, and I could'nt care less what they do, but it messes with some people's minds and they think that because someone is not following the trend that they followed, they are "weird" or whatever. Ehh, I honestly dont give a crap :l Lol

• It's mainly because they aren't content with their life so they are going to drag other people who are happy down with them. It's like saying why do people with skills are viewed as dumber than white collared jobs? It's because they think you don't have to put anything into using tools. I don't care, I make more than white collared people.

• Hi,

I agree with you but it's not just virgins that get a hard time. I do think it's rather silly that people will judge others based on unimportant things such as virginity when all that really matters is what a person's personality is.

LastoftheFamous

• Not everyone thinks that. But that mainstream thinking is a result of an oversexualized society.

• LOL! i dont feel bad about being a virgin myself. actually im proud to be one instead of a manwhore.
    they have their own opinion and u have urs. it doesn't mean u have to follow theirs. this is what haopen when peer pressured got to u smh

• For some reason it has become normal to measure yourself as a person, and your success, by how many women you sleep with. I think it's just the narrative we are told. Being one in your teens you get a lot of shit for it. At least if you're male.

• the sexual revolution sometime in the 20th century

• It's because you have failed to mate which intrinsically makes us question your value as a partner.

Think of it as being picked last for the team.