Why do some girls only like good looking guys?

I mean I thought looks didn't matter. To me I prefer average guys over good-looking hot babes any day. I only date average guys.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe because you might feel they're out of your league? If I were to date a really hot chick, I would think she was out of my league and leave me feeling insecure because she could have anyone she wanted, therefore she might cheat. As if you're dating an average guy you wouldn't be too worried about him finding someone much more attractive or being able to get anyone they wanted. That's how I look at it.

What Guys Said 17

• same reason you prefer your "I only date average guys" thingy.

• Uhh I'm not being shallow.

• Best answer :)

• LOL how are you going to ask a shallow question then say you're not being shallow. GTFO! XD this site has the funniest posts sometones.

• Ask yourself, why do you date avarage guys instead of "hot babes"?

Why not go for the guys that have desirable looks?

• lol if you find the answer do let me know
    i really would like to be liked by a girl

• Seems that you like good-looking guys too, you just don't date them because you think they'll hurt you somehow. Apparently some people are willing to risk being happy.

• In what world do looks not matter? It is part of human nature to be attracted to certain people more than other because of their physical appearance.

• *Facepalm*
    It's because they are good looking perhaps? I don't know what to tell ya

• I donĀ“t understand your question. If you really like someone you will find that person attractive or good-looking.

• oooh be ma babe?

• What do you mean exactly? It's a bit of a confusing statement ☺

• Well most good-looking men are jerks and play with girls and I don't want to get hurt.

• So you date less attractive guys because you think they will be less likely to hurt you? It doesn't work like that all the time. Anyone can be a jerk x

• Well yeah plus girls won't chase him.

• Aren't labels like "good looking" and "average" subjective. I mean your average could be some else's hot...

• Is this a serious question?

• Because they are stupid superficial bitches! lol.

*some men might be like this also.

• why's that?

• This is probably a guy lol catfishzone

• People date whatever they find works for them... IF horses work for you, then go for horses. If you want cows, then go for cows

If some want hunky men, they go for hunky men :s

Anything else?

• Did I forget to mention, how your insulting the guys you go for by calling them average. I mean they should be everything you want in your eyes.

• You've probably been watching too many romance movies or reading too many whimsical posts on the internet if you think that looks don't matter. There has been something of a shame constructed around people's looks in our society where admiring them is too easily confused with being shallow. People, in all their wisdom, do the typical thing where they swing from one side of the spectrum all the way to the other. People are very polarized and it's harder to teach them NOT to be than it is to actually teach them healthy thoughts and behavior.

Looks are the very first thing you notice about a person. It's how your display yourself to others, how they perceive you, it's an indicator of many things (health, self-discipline, esteem, confidence, class, etc.)... so no matter how much YOU think you are above seeing that- if you're human (or so much as an animal), it's part of your criteria and what you see in others. You can deny natural behavior, but you can't shed these natural behaviors.

Now for the question of "why do some girls only like good-looking guys", it could be any number of reasons or explanations. Perhaps they feel they're also attractive, and could reasonably pair up with that person. Perhaps they're doing the natural thing as I mentioned before and are going after the best prospect they can get. Perhaps they don't have the shame that others do about pursuing attractive people. Who knows every single reason out there for every single person?

But just the way you set this question up, makes me think you either haven't thought about this stuff in this light before. Or you're one of those that have hopped on the bandwagon that shames people for chasing beauty and they don't even know why they shame it.

• "I only date average guys" > LOGIC FUCKING BROKE

• What's that supposed to mean?

• Yeah... so?

• Do not breed.

What Girls Said 13

• This is largely something that is based on individual to individual. Literally, everything in this question is subjective.
    Ask yourself why you prefer average to hot guys?
    You're "average" guy could be someone's "hot" guy. Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

• Debatable

• Then that means the "average" guys are what you find attractive. And that means that they are what you consider "hot".
      Being "hot" or "average" or "ugly" is not like set in stone. Some people say I'm pretty, others say I'm average looking, others have called me ugly as fuck. Beauty really is subjective. So technically I'm all of them yet none of them. It depends on who's looking at me.
      Basically, if you find "average" guys most attractive, they are your "hot" guys. So you're technically going for guys only YOU find hot. Hence, you're doing exactly the same thing as those girls you are asking about.

• Everyone does not have the same opinion on what is good looking. One person may think Brad Pit is good looking but i dont think he is good looking at all.

If you find someone to be atractive then that means you think they are good looking. Just because you do not think the guy looks like what you think society thinks is good looking does not mean that you do not think the guy is good looking. Beauty/good looks is realative so there really is no universal criteria for what beauty/good looks is.

• Avg guys are sweeter and there the ones you introduce to your parents. Some girls only like guys for status. Better looking man , higher status they appear to have

• Because what's the point of kissing/sleeping with someone you're not physically attracted to? That "looks don't matter" thing is bullshit. You can't be with someone you don't phisically like. Of course everyone has different tastes so people who might be good looking for me, might look ugly as fuck for others but it is important that you like the person you're dating.

• Yeah that's true but good-looking people aren't the best choices in relationships and marriage.

• I don't care

• nvm then

• Only like good-looking? I think its because they are not looking for long term relationship that encompasses beyond looks...

• Why do you care? It's less competition going for your average guys.

• I mean I only date who I am attracted to, usually I'd probably have to think they were a pretty hot babe. I'm not into average. the image that comes into my head is something like a chubby bro... no.

• The same reason some guys only like good looking girls, they're shallow and need to stroke their egos. I don't understand it but what are ya gonna do?

• I suspect this is a guy lmfao

• Hahahahahahah!
    If u saw my ex and ex-ex bf u d say 'oh girl did you really date then?'
    And plus i love my ex -longest relationship like a real one- to death...

• Because to some people physical appearance is very important.

• Why do some guys only like good looking girls?

• Of course looks matter.