Why does this make someone more attractive?

I may be the only one who's experienced it but why is that when you meet someone you find attractive, and then you meet someone else in their family (could be their mother or father) and that person is also attractive, the person your interested in becomes more attractive. Is it about mating knowing that your partner has attractive relatives?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm more or so always like how did that and that make that lol.

What Guys Said 3

• Interesting question. My brothers gf tried to have sex with me behind is back I told her hell no, and told my brother. That was the end of her. But... besides genes. Demeanor and success count to. A person is who their family is. So looks aside, they come from a similar environment and social status so it can usually be like that lol.

• Yes haha I've been there. I started dating this girl only to find out I was dating the ugly sister haha... I dumped her about a week later.

• Genetic reinforcement.

What Girls Said 1

• Because it assures you that they did not simply "hit the genetic lottery" but rather, are from a long long line of "good genes"... So you feel better about them as a potential partner. It does not always hold up though... so don't feel too safe.

• Oh very true, haha don't worry I'm not. I'm just wondering :)