Help! Weird first date situation

Was introduced to a guy through mutual friends a couple of months ago. We live on opposite coasts, so our only meeting was that initial couple of times while I was out there (west coast) visiting some friends. Well one of our mutual friends is getting married soon, here on the east coast, and he will be in town for the wedding. Now the friends thought it would be cute if he asked me to go to the wedding with him and were holding off on sending me my invitation to give him a chance to ask. So he asked me a few days ago (his own idea, they didn't talk to him about it, but he did ask them if they thought I would think it was too weird), and I said yes. But now I'm not so sure, I definitely want to go to my friend's wedding, and I really want to see him, but I think a wedding as a "first date" is weird and I'm not sure how to handle this situation. What do you think?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think its weird at all, actually its a better opportunity to get to know him better. With your mutual friends there, you can see how he acts around him more, and around the whole "wedding scenario". Don't worry about it, it'll be great