Would guys like me more if I bleached my skin?

I have never dated a guy or even got a kiss. No guy has ssid I look nice or anything.
I also just saw this poll here, it was like "which race is the most attractive" and black had least votes.

I feel like Im ugly and worthless. Thats what some people have said to me. Would guys, and people in general like me more if I would bleach my skin? Or go to plastic surgery?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're going to bleach your skin because of some lame ass GaG poll? I swear that there's a lot of black women (and men) need to get some positive anger about themselves like "Fuck those who doesn't like me because of my skin color. I'm me and I'm not going to do shit to myself to "fit in" or to "please" these lames." You're young and still have a lot of living to do , so don't sweat any guys not liking you. Sure most women get approached for dates, but some women have to do the approaching. Maybe that's what you have to do.

What Guys Said 15

• Don't trust a stupid and superficial poll of superficial and probably non-black people. That's just a horrible way to make some superficial people feel good at other's expense. I'd go further and say take every beauty magazine you've got and throw it in the bin. They make money by showing you unrealistic images that make you feel ugly enough in the hope that they'll persuade you to buy their products so that they can make a profit. Don't bleach your skin! That can only end up horribly wrong. It's not going to make you look better, and it might even burn you or give you cancer.
    Beauty is on the inside. Use your talents and skills to do some good, or find a hobby group, or a charity to volunteer for, or a music ensemble like a choir or community garden or some other activity group, and develop skills, give to society and you'll be happy about being able to help others. That joy for life is what makes you attractive, not fake cosmetic products.

• No. At least white guys wouldn't. Some white guys find black girls attractive. Some don't. But for the most part, if a white guy likes pale skin only, he's going to date white girls, not paler-black girls versus darker black girls.

Many of us like -all- skin tones. So just look the best YOU can, don't try to look like someone else.

• No. It's a poll, and a poll isn't accurate. Maybe not many people voted. Maybe trolls voted sarcastically. Maybe it was a subset of racists. Maybe it was all people from certain cultures without much diversity. Maybe it was people of a certain age and demographic who would change their minds as they age. Who knows?

Skin bleaching is dangerous. Don;t do it for some guy, or to impress people that you don't know or those who don't really matter. Don't do it for a boyfriend. Now... if you're absolutely self conscious about something, and especially if it's affecting your life; For example, say, cleft palette or weird septum where you can't breathe well, ok, consider plastic surgery.

But for skin bleaching? no. There are different methods, most of them being VERY dangerous.

I've had crushes on many women, and I'd like to think I'm not that unusual a guy in that sense. "Race" is never something that would stop me from wanting to date a woman.

• I imagine most decent men probably wouldn't have even agreed to participate in that poll you're referring to, so you really don't have much to worry about unless you're particularly trying to attract lousy biased men, who probably won't know a beautiful woman if she hit him in the face (I don't recommend testing that theory though, it could get you in trouble.)

I've dated a black girl once. I don't date any race exclusively, but in her case, her dark skin was one the most beautiful qualities she had. When she told me that "skin bleaching" was even a thing, I initially laughed until she convinced me it was real.

Women with different natural looks can all take beauty in their own unique directions. There is no reason to try to abandon the flavor of beauty you were born with to try and match someone else's. If there were only one template for beauty, the world would be a far stupider place than it is.

• Don't risk harming your skin, just to have a chance at obtaining the opposite gender's approval. Its not worth it. Same goes for plastic surgery too.
    And about the polls... I'm pretty sure that the majority of those who voted were not blacks.

Every person, irrespective of race and skin color, are good looking in his. her own way. Similarly, no one in the world is universally attractive. For example, there are men who feel even Megan Fox is not attractive.

Don't rack your brains too much over this. On a side note, black women are actually quite good looking. They usually have flawless skin, toned bodies and great hair as well! :)

• I don't know about you but i love my black skin, the ability to get any hairstyle, genetics etc

and bleaching yourself will make the average guy think EWWWWW WTF IS WRONG WITH HER

overall it isn't your skin color that is pushing them away or keeping your from getting the guys

its something else im sure black and proud "hell then again why wouldn't i be lmao"

• No way. There are a lot of men out there who love black women and I happen to be one of them. Be yourself, don't try to be someone you aren't. White people suck, you don't want to do that to yourself, it's expensive and painful and I'm sure you will regret it later when you find a hot guy who says " too bad you aren't black, I love black girls" trust me it's a bad idea.

• That is a bit confusing. It's stupid to try to please guys who prefer white skin but good to please guys who prefer dark skin?

• What I'm saying is, you need to be yourself. Just because you dye your skin doesn't make you white. Trust me everyone will know anyways. There are plenty of white guys and other races that like black girls and you should not be ashamed of who you are.

• Well no.

Also, the hydroquinone from the skin-bleaching products will poison you or burn your skin long before you ever got the results you wanted.

• heeeell to the no!!! what you saw was JUST a poll here on gag. most of the times that means nothing. maybe there just happen to be more white people here on gag, who knows. personally i like all women. there are white girls i like and white girls i dont like, same with blacks, Asian, indian, whatever! some people just like white girls, others just like black girls. you will never be able to please all. surgery wouldn't change that. infact surgery would make you way more unatractive to me, no matter what you look like now, it would be much worse (to me). so yeah, if some guys dont like you now, there is nothing you can do. you're just beeing you. if some guys dont like you after surgery, you definetly will feel much worse, starting to wonder if it was really the right decision etc. so just forget about it!

• Black girls are hawt. No one can pull off a nice ass and a white smile like a black girl can. And them black girl lips are killer. So each race has a sexy quality to it. And i personally dig the chocolate skin

• Its all a matter of preferences. 7 billion people on the planet and you're worried about not finding someone who will accept you for you? Also! Men (and women) aren't that shallow lol. Exceptions in all things.

• Most guys would propably choose fair girl over girl woth brown skin. People are quite shallow. I know it. And yeah I'm worried. Quite stupid actually.

• they would think that you've got serious self image problems and that's it

• I really don't care for polls like that. They don't reflect the majority of people and they only further image problems.

• That just means there are a lot of racists out there. If you want to bleach it then do it, but if you don't want then don't, it's just your choice, no need to ask.

• If somebody says that to you, you can instantly dismiss the statement! The opinion of someone like that is worth less than the steam off your piss lol. Some pole on here shouldn't have any bearing on how you feel either, it's a snapshot of the preference of, what, a few dozen people?

I went out with a black girl a couple of years ago, she's one of the two exes I stay in touch with. She's so beautiful, kind, sweet and caring- I'd take a bullet for her.

I think there's somebody out there for everyone, you just haven't met them yet. I've been single for a while now and can feel the insecurity creeping in. Whenever I feel like that I try to remember that everyone is equal, nobody has more right to happiness than I do. I know I'm a good person, probably better than a lot of assholes out there. Why wouldn't someone wanna date me? lol.

People who are the victims of asshole's saying they are ugly etc are normally thoroughly good people with a kind spirit, but the world is cruel. You're not ugly and worthless but some people in the world are. I'm running out of juice now lol... You don't need the validation of other people, be happy that you're awesome!

What Girls Said 13

• Honestly, shit like this is so disheartening.
    Firstly, there are numerous health risks and implications associated with bleaching.
    It also leaves you with scares and patches all over your body.
    It looks disgusting and it's painful to do.

Black skin is fucking beautiful. There's nothing that captures my attention more, than a woman with dark skin. It adds an extra dimension of beauty. I may dislike everything about the way I look, but the one thing I'm thankful for, is my skin tone. That's my only redeeming quality. It's upsetting to me, that you want to get rid of such a beautiful aspect of you.

Message me, please? Lets talk before you decide anything.

Thank you @Kangy for the mention :3

• Np ; )

• Glad to hear that, babe- but if you ever feel like this again, please message me, ok?

xxx

• Yeah :) thanks. You are really cool.

• Only the shallow, psychologically backwards, disposable guys will like you more if you risk skin cancer and irreversible cellular pigment damage trying to look whitened up. The real men who are worth more than the finest gold will not encourage nor imply such absolute nonsense. The boys will remain content in their ignorance no matter how detrimental it is to a woman's psyche. You don't need toxic presences like that in your journey. They are doing you a favor by staying the hell away from you and if you're a good ass woman, they are only doing a disservice to themselves. How foolish!

Learn to appreciate every unique physical feature on you despite what other polluted opinions people attach to those features. Some of the most iconic, inspirational, beautiful women had a herd of foolish sheep trying to convince them they inherited the wrong traits. Smh Shameful.

• Don't put so much value in what others think about you. That's the first step to happiness lol. I will suggest constantly improving yourself in healthy ways. I don't think you mean anything you're saying right now so I'm gonna try to redirect the depressing tone here. I think if you did other things like exercise, buy cute clothes, do your hair and makeup, etc you'd start to feel more confident. There are plentyyyy of men out there that are into dark women. I'm pretty sure 'ebony' is one of the most popular p*rn categories (don't ask me how I know that), so obviously black women aren't 'that' undesirable. Don't read into polls and surveys online so much... it's the opinion of a couple dozen guys you'll probably never meet in your life.

• This is exactly what happens when you live with the world's opinion on your shoulders. I could see why self worth and desire would matter if you wanted everyone to be in love with you., but that's not how the world works. Monogamy dominates today, so focus on that one person that finds you special.

• No don't bleach your skin, you probably just haven't met the right guy for you yet.
    I use to wish my skin was lighter too but then I learn to love myself,
    and that's what you need to do, there are a lot of guys out there who love girls with darker skin, you just need to be confident and love yourself
    Never call yourself ugly or worthless, you are beautiful

• Fuck what others think you shouldn't change yourself to please others. You are a beautiful woman and if you forget that talk to a friend because that's what they're for!

• That's terrible you feel that way... I think everyone feels like that are inadequate at points in their life... I'm on the other end of the spectrum I am super pale and always felt self conscious I couldn't tan but as I get older I realize that's what makes me unique and there is beauty in that... please don't risk your life or your beauty with bleaching or plastic surgery you can end up looking way worse and permanently damage your skin... also why care about superficial guys like that? Focus on something else, in the end you are the only one that matters not the losers who will come and go in your life

• Why do that? no please
    We have @mgoods here who is proud to be who she is
    Do not take what u see here as a presentation of th enetire globe

• Woman of color are beautiful. I have seen so many black girls who have the nicest, smoothest skin and most gorgeous eyes and lips. Honey, don't take that poll seriously. The men on GaG do NOT represent the men of the entire world.

• YOU ARE FINE THE WAY YOU ARE. Don't change yourself or else you will just become an item :(

• Noo you shouldn't.
    You need to be confident. You have low self esteem. You need to learn to love yourself

• The person you're supposed to be with will love you for exactly how you look.

• WOW! Okay you are definitely not WORTHLESS!! And I'm pretty sure you're not ugly. AND dont ever even think about bleaching your skin, 1) cause it's very dangerous and 2) because you are who you are, and you should accept it and embrace it and love yourself. I don't know what goes on in your life but there must be something that's making you unhappy and what you need to do is look forward to everyday, you need to stay motivated and be patient, because one day you'll look back and feel so much better about how far you've come in your life.