I'm over 35 and never felt strong chemistry with any girl, does this make me asexual?

I've certainly felt attracted to certain women, but never felt that spark with anyone. I'm over 35, have yet to be in a serious relationship. Does this raise the possibility that I'm actually more asexual or just not made for romance?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you donĀ“t feel strong emotions by heart but your sexual drive is... well working and you use of it...
    no you are not asexual if you cannot connect to the girl. your heart is sinful. too many sins makes a human emotionless and it becomes very hard to have an emotional connection.

• I've had emotional connections but never that romantic spark. I just don't relate that well with most women when it comes to stuff in common. The only thing I've been good at with girls is making a few good platonic friends, but I don't see them as potential romantic partners.

• Understand. I know what you mean. Maybe you are searching in the wrong place for women. for that spark.
      Women in other countries are simply diffrent, but you never met them. In other country, not from other country in the place where you live.

What Girls Said 4

• sorry to tell you dude but yes there are possibilities for you to be asexual

• Being asexual mean you feel no sexual attraction for anyone. If you've never been in love or been in a serious relationship, it might be just because you haven't met the "right girl" yet.

• I guess so, it's tough for me to relate with girls interest wise and sharing hobbies. I'm just a technical type of geek and very very few girls are that type.

• No it means you haven't made yourself desirable.

• Any idea how to make myself desirable?

• It depends. Do you have a strong sex drive?

• I'm actually curious about what it is like to have sex, however even as a straight guy I can feel comfortable around female friends without them being sexual figures.

What Guys Said 4

• I am asexual. An asexual is someone who does not feel any sexual attraction. Asexuals can experience romantic and aesthetic attraction however. So, you could find someone to be handsome/ beautiful and want to form relationships but with no or little desire to engage in sexual intercourse with anyone; though some asexuals don’t feel those forms of attraction either. Asexual people often talk about a romantic orientation, some people are heteroromantic, some are biromantic, homoromantic, etc . But there is antoher less obvious romantic orientation called aromantic. I am aslo aromantic, which is where you do not experience romantic attraction to anyone. Keep in mind that you do not have to be asexual to be aromantic. Maybe you should look into aromantism. :)

• Thanks for the info on asexuality, I learned a bit more about it. However I determined that I'm not asexual, just need to talk with girls more and find the right ones.

• I just looked up the meaning of asexual, and so long as you're sexually attracted to humans then you're not asexual. A lack of romance doesn't qualify as being asexual.

I'm not sure of your age, other than over 35, but I've been the same way as well for about 8 years now. So its cool.

• Thanks for clarifying, I now understand and I am certainly not asexual. I'm not quite 40 yet lol.

• I was 33 when I met my fiancee (my first relationship). It's never too late.

• Good to know, it makes my day a little brighter. (:

• Well have you tried with the same sex?

• Ewwwwwww!

• Hahahaha, knew you would respond like that... Don't worry I was just joking!