Help.. he's over an hour late for our first date?

I met this guy through a dating site and after a few days we planned a day to meet and go to a restaurant. He lives an hour away from me, and I live right in the city.

He told he he has class till 2 so 6pm is a good time to meet. Just after 5 he texted saying he's about to leave and that he's going to be a bit late. A bit late = 10-15mins?

He's supposed to pick me up.

So far it's been over an hour, which I'm not impressed by. He had plenty of free time from what I know, and if he knows he's coming to the city on a Friday night that there's going to be traffic

What should I do when I meet up with him - and I overreacting? I know he wanted to spend more time with me too afterwards cause he's 1hr away, but I feel like I should cut the time short cause he's "late". What is he shows up at my place at 8 - just I blow him off?

Advice?

He texted me saying he's almost here at 7:15..

Most Helpful Guy

• He has an hour drive with city traffic. If he is driving straight from work, what more can you expect from him?

The last thing you want to do is make him feel nasty after having just went through a super long and stressful commute just to see you.

• The most I would do is ask something like "how was work"? Or something nice like that. Chances are, he's already feeling bad about running late, and he'll probably explain the reason soon.

At least he has been texting you to keep you updated on how bad his commute is going. Its not like he stood you up, or left you waiting without any warning. There is no way he could have known exactly how long this would all take him.

• Also, what if he had to stop to get a gift, or flowers, or to comb his hair, or get changed, or something like that? Be sensitive! The poor guy is driving a long distance on a Friday night just to prove how much he wants to see you!

And by the way, if you shut him down just because he couldn't make it to your place in one hour after he's gone through all of this, then your a MEANIE. (If you shut him down for a legitimate reason thats ok though.)

What Guys Said 4

• Yes he was because you made out with him

• Well sure, some girls want to fuck the first time they meet. Some don't, he was hoping to get lucky haha.

• He will be caught in traffic so just chill and imagine he isn't late and he arrived on time when he gets to your house

• Don't worry, maybe he was preparing and lost track of time, or maybe traffic?

What Girls Said 3

• I was an hour late to my last first date. I texted him to let him know, traffic was stupid and there was an accident that had every one gridlocked. I was so upset.

He laughed it off, said I had owed him a fee (inside joke) and we had a fantastic date.

His ability to be patient and good natured about it cemented my feeling that he was a good guy.

• Dont be unimpressed by it immediately, there is always a traffic jam and also an hour ride to your place i think you should forgive him. We neber know what happen at the other side if we are not there to witness it.

• Give the guy a chance! Sometimes even with the best intentions things can just go against you, it could be a funny story you tell your kids years from now. You'll never know if you sulk and send him packing.