Why do so many Women get pissed of if a Guy rejects a girl because she is fat but then reject guys because they are short?

People can control their weight through diet and exercise. The most a guy can do about height is wear lifts. I'm 5' 8" so it's not a huge problem, But I refuse to date someone that outweighs me. I'm around 200lbs. I would never reject a women because she was taller than me. Is it that they want to feel protected? Why not just learn a Martial Art or learn how to use a fire arm?

• Will date guys under 5' 10"
  • Only Date Guys over 5'10

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly for me, personality, as well as character and general demeanor play a HUGE role in how attractive a guy is. I've developed crazy crushes for guys that I initially found ugly for x reasons, including height.
    Also, there's a guy I see around my campus all the time- crazy hot (looks like Dave Franco), and is around 5'6". His girlfriend is a good 2-3 inches taller than him, also super hot.
    Moral of the story:
    Don't ever feel self conscious about your height, if a girl won't date you because of it, she isn't worth your time.

What Girls Said 9

• I'm dating a guy that's shorter than me and I'm 5'6 it honestly doesn't matter to me. However, I would never date an overweight guy because that's just laziness. I take care of my body and wouldn't want someone who can't do the same. Weight can be controlled and being short isn't their fault.

I understand why men don't want to date fat women especially if they are in shape themselves. Totally understandable. Do to settle for someone you're not attracted to.

• The thing is about a guy not liking a girl cos she is fat isn't her problem. She may not be able to fix it. She might be born with that certain build. but it is the guys taste in women. Some guys like curvy, some like chunky, some like skinny.

Same goes for girls. For the tall girls out there they usually want a guy thats tall because when they hug them they can snuggle their head into the guys chest or neck and all that. Like for me its a sense of security.
    Like i feel safer when im being hugged from a guy that taller than me cos his whole body covers mine if you get what i mean.
    But again it goes by the girls taste. she might like short or tall or the same height guys. or she may not care.

• You can change your weight. So he can't see the person in there or who could be if she lost weight.

You can't change your height. What you are is what you are. The end.

Yay for double standards.

• Well let's just be honest: I don't think anyone should be rude enough to say "I won't date you because you're fat" or "I won't date you because you're short." Both of them are preferences, obviously, and there's nothing wrong with not being attracted to a certain body type, weight and shortness alike. The issue is when you show prejudice and general rudeness towards them for the fact that they don't stand up to your standards, and doing so can cause a repercussion that you should have seen coming.

• Oh also, seeing as I missed a section of your question: it's just a preference. She doesn't necessarily want to be protected, she is just more attracted to taller men, just how you are attracted to women of a certain weight class.

• i dont care about a guy's height

• I honestly don't care about height. I've dater shorter dudes. Yes we got some stares but I really didn't care. Plus my mom is super tall and my father is short and they worked out just fine. But a lot of guys would pick a shorter girl over a tall one just to feel more masculine. So maybe that's a reason women like talkers guys to make them feel more feminine. But like I said I don't give a rats ass about height.-_-

• But it's not politically correct to point out someone's fstness

• Just add that on to the ever growing list of illogical double standards.

• Purely based on observation, why is it that those double standards seem to be created by women, or at least favor them?
      (just observations, so i could be wrong)

• @dartmaul15 I honestly don't know. You'd have to ask a woman who actually believes in such double standards what is her reasoning behind it.

• I'm dating a guy that's about 5"1. & I'm 5"3 even though I prefer a taller guy it isn't that big of a deal. but the same guy that is 5"1 makes such a big deal out of fat girls and he's not even in the best shape soooo...

What Guys Said 3

• They shouldn't be getting pissed off, no one chooses what they're attracted to. It's all subconscious, looking for the most genetically healthy and compatible mate. This is just social justice warriors clashing with evolution. Unfortunately for shorter men they don't have much social support whereas fat women get quite a lot. It's why the double standard is still being reinforced.

Also "Why not just learn a Martial Art or learn how to use a fire arm?" that is irrelevant. The feeling is based on subconscious hard wiring, height being heavily associated with dominance. It's a natural assumption of the brain, not based on current knowledge or logic. Your consciousness recognizes the threat of guns and fighting skill because you learnt how powerful they were. Your subconsciousness recognized the threat of height based off of evolutionary lessons that have been hardwired into mammal's brains millions of years ago.

• None of the ladies on here gave a decent argument. I've been saying this bro.

You won't get a good answer for it because there isn't one. All they can say is that it's a double standard yet at the same time would argue you down to support rejecting short guys.

• Women who aren't willing to date short guys simply don't find short guys attractive. That's all there is to it. The "I feel more protected" arguments and whatnot are crap. They simply prefer tall guys. Preferences are preferences. There's really not much reason behind preferences. What you find attractive is what you find attractive and that is that.

On that same note, though, it makes complete sense for a guy to not like fat girls. Preferences are preferences. That's all there is to it.

People who believe in double standards simply are not logical. The reasons behind their double standards don't make any sense and because of that, it's impossible and a time-waster to try to understand their reasoning.

• @EyeSeaYew tall guys.

• @Red_Dragon You sound like the epitome of open-minded when it comes to girls, lol. And I get what you're saying and agree.

• I'm 5'1 so i feel i can contribute to this fairly... in experience women just find taller guys "hotter" i'm not sure why but I can't change anything.

I dont feel like weight and height are linked in this but either way its harder for a short guy and harder for a larger sized guy to find a girlfriend than a tall, well built dude!