How do you feel about age differences?

I'm currently 17 dating a 21 year old, the age difference was/is not a problem. Someone asked how old my boyfriend was and was shocked at my answer. I honestly don't care because it won't change my relationship but I am curious how you feel about age differences or if you've been a relationship where it was a problem. Please try to give a good explanation.

• Doesn't matter at all
  • Definitely not
  • Okay as long as it's not a huge gap or illegal (ex. 15 & 30)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 17 and I'm head over heals, captivated by a 21 year old. So I get what you're feling. Fuck them! Haha now if you are looking to get serious, I say the highest age difference is probably 5 or 6 years. I have gone out with two 26 year olds and it didn't work but mainly because the first one was a lying ass. The second one was immature and an ass. My 21 year old is legit the first real man I have met lol just don't let anyone tell you he's too old for you or anything :) whether he is the one or not, really only time can tell and the feeling you have in your gut. People can't decide that for you.

What Guys Said 6

• Honestly I lost my first love, because I thought it was illegal for me to have sex with her. I was 20 and she was 17. We went to her prom and i left her bed that night without taking it out because she was not yet 17.

Now looking. I am like how many times as 15 did I want to have sex with girls nearly 30 and a few even older. I say once you get a driving permit keep it less then double or half and be strong because Churches that have a bible filled with pedophile shit, like how the Temple Virgin Mary was only 12 years 6 months when she gave birth to Jesus and had only been with Joseph for 6 months before it happened? Are they really in a position to judge anyone else?

Think of life as a book. If the outside world attacks the book all the pages need to reach and be bound the spine and be capable full length pages. My rules is at least half your age plus one. I have never seen a marriage greater than double where someone was not trying to inherit the assets of the other. If they are less then half, then hire a super expensive escort. $1,000 plus a night. Because you don't want guilt and a woman's affection is worth a hell of a lot more than a few laughs and a cute smile that pays for dinner.

Never less than half plus one. And never before they have a valid state id = parents or legal approval. I am now 36 so she has to be at least 19. And when I was 27 I was dating a Nurse who was a Reebok Sports model and a stunning 52 years of age. I have my complaints but so far it was the best relationship i have had. Now looking for 25 to 40 and marriage. (I am 36)

• that's not really a big deal to me. and it could honestly be such an innocent relationship. people don't know the facts about your relationship and judge anyways. totally judging a book by its cover.

• I voted C, 15 & 30 is a huge gap whereas 18 & 25 isn't.
    That much huge age difference may leads to misunderstandings between the couple.

• in my mind I try not to think of dating anyone younger than about 23 mainly because I'm afraid if the age gap is too big that we won't have anything in common. As time goes by the things currently popular change and one thing say a 19yo might find fascinating may annoy the crap out of me.

so to sum things up. generally I don't care about age difference as long as we have common interests and like being with each other.

• I work on (1/2 + 7).
    If a girl is ( 1/2 my age + 7 years), give or take a little, that's old enough.

In your case (21/2 + 7) = 17.5 years.

• I'm just not trying to date anyone either old enough to be my mother, or at the most two years younger than me.

What Girls Said 1

• my bf is 22 I am 25 its not that big a deal it only matters when someones underage. which is probably why they we're shocked depending on the laws where you live. but age is just a number in my opinion.