What does Interlocking fingers/ Holding Hands signify to you?

I am not talking about PDA. I am talking about when you are just with your significant other and you two interlock hands.

Is this something you do with someone you care about?

I see holding hands as a very intimate thing especially when a guy initiates. It intensifies feelings for me. I've only interlocked hands with one guy and it gave me a satisfaction I never felt before. A sense of belonging, togetherness, a connection.

What do you dolls and gents think?

Thanks for the responses. Really helpful. I just always wondered if it meant the same thing to guys.

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually agree with everything you say in your own answer. I think the same. I have held hands with friends but if it is with someone you are dating it can be really intimate and sweet and romantic. But if the guy/girl is really clunky and awkward about it then it is not.

What Guys Said 3

• Closer than friends, but not necessarily dating or relationship-close.

As very intimate? I don't think so. It's definitely intimate, but it doesn't have the connotation of "I want to be with you forever." It's more like, "let's enjoy this moment together for a little while."

I say this if it's the first time holding hands.

• I agree with you the clasping signifys being one

• I like holding hands, it is just something that expresses a high level of trust and other things I can't find words for

What Girls Said 2

• In public? Fuck off, bitches, he's mine.
    In private? It's a sweet thing to do to cement a bond.

• It's a really intimate thing to do. I love doing it with my girlfriend bc it makes me feel close to her. When I was younger I made out with a random guy at a party bc I was tipsy and then we sat down and he tried to hold my hand which made me really uncomfortable bc it's not something I like to do with people who I'm not emotionally involved with.