Poll: what height do girls/guys like in girls/guys - taller/same/shorter?

Which option do you prefer and why?

• Taller
  • Same
  • Shorter
Wow, what a landslide...

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 5'10" so I like taller just because I don't find it that much

• What would you consider a perfect height for a guy as a 5'10 girl?

• That's very interesting, I'm 6'2 and I've always considered 5'10 to be the perfect height for me, nice to know the preference is mutual with at least one 5'10 girl. :) Thanks.

• Your totally welcome and thanks for not liking short girls lol pisses me off when the short girls take tall guys when their height difference would be the same as a guy that was like 5'6" lol

What Girls Said 41

• I prefer taller guys but its hard to find cuz im a girl and 5 foot 10 XD so i just dont worry about height

• Yeah me too I'm 5ft 10, so I like a taller guy if possible, but would date a shorter guy if he had a good personality.

• Omg yes and the ones at my school are all sooo cute this year XD the only ones i know personally tho we are just freinds XD

• Haha Im 5'9 so i feel your pain :p. Good thing almost all guys in my country are 6 feet+ except for the imigrants

• Lol... I would have to say taller.

Am 5' 10" and my husband is a towering 6' 7"

• I've heard stories about some 5'10 girls complaining about all the men being shorter than them here, looks like you got lucky haha.

• You're so right in saying that about the girls complaining, and I do feel so very sorry for them.

I am though NOT ABOUT to start sharing my husband with them! lol :)

• Your kids are going to be giants, get them into a basketball training camps while they're young, make millions off of sport stars lol.

• I'm 5''4" so the field is pretty open for me

• Taller. Significantly taller.

• I prefer taller. I have dated around my height and an inch or two shorter.

People need to stop getting so hung up on PREFERENCES, they're seldom requirements.

• Taller I like guys 5'10 and up.

• I'm 5ft 6in and I like guys my height or shorter. If the guy's too tall I feel intimidated. Same with girls. I like girls my height or shorter.

• Hmmm, how tall was your dad?

• How would you feel about 5'7"? That's my height and it's pretty average around here.

• @Bysshe I agree. It's not in the best interest of humanity for some guys to prefer girls with long hair either (or blonde hair or light/dark skin) We just all like what we like because we like it.
      @Mesonfielde 5ft 7in is fine. I think I'm actually 5ft 7, not 6. My cut off is around 5ft 8. Any taller than that and no thanks. It just feels weird to look and see that the guy is taller. :/

• Pretty much all my exes and my current one are taller than 5' 11", so yeah...

• i like taller guys because I'm tall. may seem shallow, but the guy has to at least be my height (5'8"). i usually go for taller though, like at least 5'11"

• I'm 157cm tall so it's difficult to find anybody shorter than me. Generally taller guys seem more attractive, but that depends. Overall height does not matter much to me.

• My height or taller. I'm 5ft4 but I'm okay with guys who are 5ft6 and up. If I'm wearing heeled shoes it's okay if you're shorter at the time.

• I'm 5'4 (165cm or so) and like taller guys... ideally between 5'10 - 6'2.

• I prefer guys that are taller but my height is where I draw the line.

• I like taller guys, and i'm 5'2" so that's not exactly a "high" demand in my opinion (pun accidentally intended)

• Tall men all the way.

• i like up to 5'10

• taller, but just a little bit taller.

like...

i dont want to have to stand on my tiptoes and have them bend down in order to kiss.

• dude! that's the thing. I'd find it super awkward if i had to bend down to kiss him

• I'm 4"11 but I like my guys 6 foot

• Omg ur height is so cute xD

• Yah, I know ;) lol, I like it :"D because like at school, people just wanna pick me up! I haven't walked to a class all year lol it's fun!

• Well of course it's 6' and not 5'11" or 6'1" no it's 6'0" because arbitrary measurement system *smh*

• Well, if I had an option to choose, I'd go for taller guys, coz I'd feel more protected. But my BF is almost the same height as mine.. its not a big deal at all. For all I know, he could have been shorten than me too... looks don't matter. Period.

• Can you describe the feeling of protection?

• taller than me. but not so tall that im up on my tiptoes and he's bent over a lot just to kiss me.

• I'm between 5'8 and 5'9 and Id like a guy thats like 5'11-6'1

• I'm 5"4 but I think 5"9 would be perfect for me

• I prefer taller and I'm 5'1, so almost every guy I meet is taller than me.

• Unless you go to an elementary school :/

• @WTFStarbucks Haha, well they're too young for my taste :P I meant the guys who have been through puberty.

• I consider 5'10 perfect... i'm 5'2

• I don't really care about height much. I prefer my height or taller though :)

• My height or taller.

• I am 5'1 definitely there are many who are taller than me
    i dont place much emphasis on height

• Taller of course :)

• Taller than me the better like 5'7 up or 6 feet

• anything from 2" shorter to 2" taller is preferable.

• More from Girls
    11

What Guys Said 25

• girl must be taller than the guy, to look good in my eyes

• I'm 5'3 5'4 and I prefer 8'0 women. Not 7'11. Gotta be at least 8'0

• I'm 5' 10" and I'd prefer her to be shorter. Some women put on those heels and challenge my height... i hate when that happens.

• I didn't know that was a thing... How often does it happen?

• Shorter or same. I am meant to be the strong one in the relationship, becaus did be the guy, and if im shorter I feel im not living up to my purpose

• Yeah a lot of guys I know say the same.

• This is a dumb-ass poll, because it's not gender specific.
    If women voted for taller men and men voted for shorter women, how would you tell which sex prefers taller or shorter.

I like women 2" - 4" taller than me, but if I vote it will look like women want tall men. That's not what I'm asking for at all.

• The votes are automatically differentiated by gender, click and see for yourself. Lol noob.

• I heavily prefer that she is shorter than me. It's one of the VERY few strong preferences that I actually have.

• I'm 5'7" and my initial preference is "same", so I'd be okay with 5'7" down to 5'3" because that is the optimal height difference during kissing while standing, voted B) as such.

• I'm a very short guy. When I'm going for other men I prefer them anywhere from the same height to much taller. Though honestly I don't mind shorter, I just find it unlikely because I'm five feet tall. When going for women I prefer them to be close to my height. At most six inches taller (preferably) but again height isn't really a make or break

• I'm 6'4" so girls are usually shorter than me anyway ;)
    I do like petite women though, my ex was 5'3"

• I'm 5'7 and prefer shorter. But it seems from this thread that all girls above 5 feet prefer guys over 6' so I'm screwed..

• Yeah because height is all that matters. Just because girls like tall guys doesn't mean short guys have no chance. They just have to try harder :p

• True enough. Only about 14.5% of men are 6' or taller. You consider them the freaks and the exception. They also have more health problems later in life, and a shorter life expectancy.
      www.slate.com/.../...all_is_hazardous_to_your.html

• No, don't worry. This guy is a dating advice site because these people aren't really taken. I guess the fact that their preferences are defined by "height" is a part of it. LOL

• Much Shorter! I'm 6'1" and my girlfriend is 5'3". I find it unbelievably cute when my girlfriend has to stand on her tippy toes just to kiss me

• I'm 5' 10" and I prefer girls from 5' 7- 5'9. As long as the height difference isn't too much, it's not that important to me.

• I like taller women as they make me feel safe and secure.

• I'm 5'1, i'm not fussed if the girl is taller or shorter than me but i do find it a lot harder to get a girlfriend because of my height.

• Oh damn man, I'm sorry. All the 5'5 - 5'9 guys complaining think they have it bad...

• Thanks! I've learnt to live with my height so its all cool but sometimes i do wish i was just a few inches taller.

That guy needs to stop crying about his height and think of the shorties lol

• Oh snaps dude @tonymoulls. At 5'4". I've also learned to embrace my height.

• I'm 5'4" and prefer my height or taller. Just don't want to have to get out a step stool to kiss her though. LOL

• So you don't want a girl shorter than you?

• That must be hard since most women want someone taller.

• It only takes one. It only takes one. And I think I've "found" her.

• I am 6'2", I prefer a foot shorter than me.

• I prefer shorter girls.

• Women will only date 6'0 and up

• From the polls and articles I'd say they prefer it, but what you said is only true with some girls, not all.

• Some guys I've dated are under 6' and I'm 5'10"...

• Women will prefer to dat six feet and up. Some will settle for under six feet. Op just keep in mind you will need to do more to keep your woman since you are on the shorter side.

• I am 5'9" and prefer girls to be shorter, between 5' and 5'6 or something.

• Wow. I just realized I am fucked at 5' 6".

• It's not easy but it's not impossible, you just need to look at the 5'3"-5'4" range and not have them be stuckup bitches.

• Im 6'7 and I prefer short girls. Not saying I rule out tall girls but its just a preference.

• well, I doubt you would ever have an issue with that. not too many 6'+ gals walking around.

• What would a 6'7 man consider short and tall for a girl?

• Technically most girls are short in your eyes haha, what would you consider tall? Your height?

• I like girls who are 5'8 or taller. It doesn't matter if they're shorter or taller than me, as long as they're not shorter than that.

• I prefer taller girls ;)

• It's those legs, isn't it? Haha...

• Right, hahahahaa :D

• I like guys that are taller than me, I'm 5'1. I also like girls that are shorter than me.

• Are you bisexual or are these preferences non-sexual?

• I think I'm bi... Don't judge me...

• Not judging, thanks for answering.

• Saem hieght