"Boyfriend" doesn't call or text often, if not at all?

This guy I have been dating tells me he likes me a lot, calls me his girlfriend and talks about our future together. This is our fourth week of dating. We meet each other one to two times a week. He told me early on in the relationship that he doesn't text or dont believe in calling everyday. He once went two days without calling or texting until i called. He also told me that when he goes outstation on work (which can take up to few months in a year), he might not call at all because of work (he is an engineer). He said not to mistaken him for being cold, its just how he is :/. He said he will Skype with me (i am guessing not often). He is now going outstation for two months because of work and has asked me to visit him. When we are out we are intimate and playful. I still havnt met his friends. He hides his tagged pictures on Facebook, and when i asked him why, he asks me to make it visible for him, because he doesn't know how to, to which i didn't bother. He has asked me to check his phone before. He assures me that he is serious. Yet, he never initiated the thought of meeting my friends. He did tell me all his dating past, up to a point of telling me how often he jacks off. He once told me that to be different i should say i love him first before we do it (we thought it would be best to sleep together only if we are in love, doubt it though, its already bloody steamy).

I dont know guys, he just doesn't text me everyday or call me everyday. How can he be serious when im not important enough for a "miss you" text? Is this normal? Can a man go outstation and forget his girl? Yet, when we meet up, he makes plans to see me the following week. I like him because he makes me feel good when im around him yet completely ignored when im not. Oh, he replies when i text him, though not immediately. I already told him to just bloody text just bloody once a day and he has not done so, so far today and i doubt that he will.

The reason why i babbled on is that I want to know one thing :

Is he into me? Or is he just taking me for a ride until he finds another plaything.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's behaving in a perfectly normal way and it seems like he's really sweet and loves you a lot. Why do you need a validation every day that he loves you? It comes off as being insecure. The question isn't about does he forget you while he's busy, its why do you need a text message to feel loved? Sometimes we become needy in relationships because we compare it to a previous relationship or our friend's relationship. Just accept him for who he is. He is not a texter. Keep yourself busy and just trust him instead of looking for signs that he's a cheater.

What Guys Said 4

• us guys just dont call and text all the time. it doesn't mean he likes you any less... he just isn't a phone hag

• But the relationship is so new, aren't men supposed to be phone hags at this time?

• It is, I guess I just wanted to know if he was into me like for real. :/ thanks a lot wankiam! :)

• im sure he likes you... us guys are just crap at the small stuff lol

• Not to be disrespectful but you just made me more grateful to my girlfriend. I mean u basically expect constant contact and everyday is too much for us guys. When most guys call eachother it's usually lasts a couple of mminutes so where trained to not hog our phones. Everyday is bad for one simple reason. It gets boring and u run out of things to say. Texting everyday is ok. But calling everyday is crazy because there will be soo many empty pauses and nothing really changed about your life since yesterday. Call once every 2-3 days and text everyday but a little. That's the best offer he can give. A man's love isn't measured by how often he calls or texts. It's a lot more important to see eachother face to face then to call.

• I think he loves you, but doesn't want you to feel dependent on him and his presence. He wants to see if you still love him during his absence.

• Woah, can you shorten this up into a simple sentence for me? :3

• Sorry! I didn't want to leave things out. I made sure i put it alll out there. So that i could get the most accurate answer. :/

• No no, i dont know where the edit button is. I am new to this.

• There is no edit button. Muwahahaha!

What Girls Said 1

• Ugh. This question haunts us all at the beginning!!! If he is open enough about everything, I really think he is into you though. I am driving myself nuts over a similar situation.

• Right? Like why the hell won't u call or text? How can i completely disappear from ur mind when u are not with me? Are u even into me?

• Too funny. I hope not, isn't that one the diamond anniversary?

I know you men think we are crazy but it really is the difference between you and us. Men dont even consider that they are bugging us while we, deep inside, obsess over nearly everything from what shirt he wore on the last date to what he meant when he said his favorite color is green.

• Thanks becca! Im just going to enjoy the ride and stop overthinking everything. And yes, wankiam, i am that girl and i know he will forget our 4 and 3/4 anniversary, if it goes that far, hopefully. Lol.