Why do I not feel the same as I used to anymore?

So it has been almost a year now that I have been single. It was a great relationship and I loved it. Since then, I have been seeing other women, but I do not get the same feeling as I used to with my ex.

I am completely over my ex, which is why I have taken up dating again, but shouldn't I feel the same way as I used to when dating someone? Those butterflies that you used to get, and the urge to be around them all the time? I do not feel that anymore...

Is it because they aren't the right person?

Most Helpful Guy

• Did you really think that you'd just magically wipe clean? Cute.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, it's because you haven't discovered the right person yet.

You're fine and it's good that you aren't getting butterflies over every single female encounter. Deep down you know what is right for you and soon she will naturally come into your life. Who knows, she may already be in your life and you are still getting to know her and eventually you'll get the butterflies. Regardless, keep working on your self-compassion, doing what you love, and following your dreams.

• Well, are you dating girls like your ex? Maybe this is a new chapter in your life and you have moved on from the type of girl you are used to.

• perhaps, or maybe that you're over your ex but not quite ready to date.

What Guys Said 2

• Im going through exactly that too. I think its because those girls just haven't touched you in a way that your ex did (no pun intended). Just haven't met that right girl yet.

• Maybe love? (lacking) Maybe a tougher exterior. Only you can decide.