Was it a date? Neither of us called it that, but I'm not sure?

So I went on this date with this guy. or at least I think it was a date. Neither of us actually ever called it that. He asked me to go to the movie with him, He picked me up and He paid for the tickets and popcorn. We Didn't kiss or anything, but he was a gentleman. I'm just not sure if I can call this a date... I know that seems a little that I don't know what to call it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Two people, alone. Movie. He paid for it. He asked you out.

It's a date. ;)

What Guys Said 6

• Well, I will think it is a date. But there are things you need to find out, like does he usually ask girl out and pay for their movie tickets? Or he only ask girls he is interested in? You need to know how he sees you as.

• he's very much a shy guy, and I know he's not interested in other girls at the moment because he's talked about stuff like that.

• Did he told you he is not interested In other girls explicitly? This is a good signal that he is into you. If so then this is definitely a semi-formal date.

• That was a date. I had three although she called it 'hanging out' it had date written all over it. When you do things together like that, it's a date.

• Did you ask him, and who invited who?

• He asked me to the movie, and no I didn't ask him

• Ask him, but from a guys perspective... yes its a date. Unless, he already has a girlfriend and is testing the waters before he switches over to you. In a guys mind, we can rationalize that as not a date if we get caught.

• Haha I just wanna say that movies are THE worst dates (yes, call it whatever you want) ever.. You sit in a dark room starring and listening to a screen - how do you expect to meaningfully talk or look at this other person?

Why does it matter what it's called - but yes, you likes you

• Well it's not like we don't know eachother he's texted me every day for the last month. I know a movie isn't the greatest first date, but he's also shy, and I have class and he has work and he lives about 40 minutes away. So we don't really get to see eachother.

• I still haven't had a formal date. It just sorta happens.

• He picked you up, he paid for everything. That's totally a date.

What Girls Said 0