Traditionalism - is it sexist?

There's still a lot of us out there who have gender-based traditions, mannerisms, opinions and preferences. This is a simple question: do you have any gender-based preferences in a relationship - if not, do you believe it's generally sexist to have them? Or is it simply a choice that is relevant to the person's preference?

0|0
2|7

Most Helpful Guy

• Men and women are generally different in some very important ways. For example, women are clearly better nurturers, although it's not politically correct to say so today (sad). I believe children deserve a mother who devotes a majority of her time to them when they are young, which is impossible if both parents work full time.

Is that sexist? Maybe, but that doesn't mean it's untrue.

2|3
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Would be easier to answer if you gave some examples as I'm not as exist person but different people see differnt things.

0|0
    0|0
    • A general example would be: a woman should know how to cook, or a man should always pay for the meal.

• Oh I get you. Yeah, I disagree with all that shit haha

• i believe they are and don't like the roles

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares!

0|0
    1|3
    • Me. Lol. That is the point of the question. Thanks for your answer regardless.

• Show All
    • Whatever you say

• yes it is sexist

0|0
    1|3
    • I'd like to know your reasoning if that's alright - it's helpful.

• it says women are weak. in real life women dont need my help. they are strong not weak

• I have a traditional marriage and everyone is happy with it. Frankly, my wife told me she didn't want to work and wanted to be a full time mom. for people that want to say that we are somehow wrong to want that I say screw you because they are the same people who agree with any other way of being, homosexual, sluts and players, and everything in between. I have had it with Political Correctness and frankly do not give a crap about those people at all., a bunch of losers.

0|1
    0|0
    • in my opinion if the woman wants to conform to traditional roles thats perfectly fine its when she feels pressured by society/friends/family that its wrong, as long as it's her own decision its ok

• A lot of women are being pressured to have casual sex when they dont want to and it is not her decision. It gets pushed on her. But i dont notice questions on that much or real support for her.

• I'm a traditionalist when it comes to marriage, with all the typical gender roles.
    Live your life however you want, I'm after someone who agrees and would enjoy that lifestyle with me. I don't see how that is sexist.

0|4
    1|0

What Girls Said 2

• me personally i'm not a fan of tradition

0|0
    0|0
  • It varies from place to place, culture to culture, and country to country; but yes, most of the time it could be seem as sexist.

0|0
    0|1