Traditionalism - is it sexist?

There's still a lot of us out there who have gender-based traditions, mannerisms, opinions and preferences. This is a simple question: do you have any gender-based preferences in a relationship - if not, do you believe it's generally sexist to have them? Or is it simply a choice that is relevant to the person's preference?

Most Helpful Guy

• Men and women are generally different in some very important ways. For example, women are clearly better nurturers, although it's not politically correct to say so today (sad). I believe children deserve a mother who devotes a majority of her time to them when they are young, which is impossible if both parents work full time.

Is that sexist? Maybe, but that doesn't mean it's untrue.

What Guys Said 6

• Would be easier to answer if you gave some examples as I'm not as exist person but different people see differnt things.

• A general example would be: a woman should know how to cook, or a man should always pay for the meal.

• Oh I get you. Yeah, I disagree with all that shit haha

• i believe they are and don't like the roles

• Who cares!

• Me. Lol. That is the point of the question. Thanks for your answer regardless.

• Whatever you say

• yes it is sexist

• I'd like to know your reasoning if that's alright - it's helpful.

• it says women are weak. in real life women dont need my help. they are strong not weak

• I have a traditional marriage and everyone is happy with it. Frankly, my wife told me she didn't want to work and wanted to be a full time mom. for people that want to say that we are somehow wrong to want that I say screw you because they are the same people who agree with any other way of being, homosexual, sluts and players, and everything in between. I have had it with Political Correctness and frankly do not give a crap about those people at all., a bunch of losers.

• in my opinion if the woman wants to conform to traditional roles thats perfectly fine its when she feels pressured by society/friends/family that its wrong, as long as it's her own decision its ok

• A lot of women are being pressured to have casual sex when they dont want to and it is not her decision. It gets pushed on her. But i dont notice questions on that much or real support for her.

• I'm a traditionalist when it comes to marriage, with all the typical gender roles.
    Live your life however you want, I'm after someone who agrees and would enjoy that lifestyle with me. I don't see how that is sexist.

What Girls Said 2

• me personally i'm not a fan of tradition

• It varies from place to place, culture to culture, and country to country; but yes, most of the time it could be seem as sexist.