Being fat is unnaceptable?

i don't really understand why guys won't date a fat woman. It upsets me. I've never had a boyfriend or even been on a 'date'. It makes me feel terrible about myself. I don't feel beautiful anymore. I feel ugly. Because you know fat woman cannot be beautiful. Society has told us this over and over.

Most Helpful Girl

• There are a lot of beautiful heavier women out there, but unfortunately pop culture seems obsessed with weight loss and becoming toned/skinny, really it's all to sell products. But the i see someone like Adele, who is so extraordinarily talented and happy with her figure, she's a confident and beautiful woman. When i see someone like her i have hope that not everyone buys into the skinny beauty bullshit, and that not all guys are quite so superficial.

What Guys Said 8

• It really sounds like guys simply aren't attracted to you. I feel bad for you, I really do, but you can't blame guys for wanting what they want. Most men are NOT attracted to overweight women, so if you are a little fat, I can see why most men don't approach you.

There's gotta be at least one guy out there who finds you attractive though. It may be hard to find him, but he's gotta be out there!

And in the mean time, it wouldn't hurt to start focusing more on your health in order to maintain a healthy body image. You'll feel better about yourself, and this new found confidence will rub off on others around you. Thus, making you more approachable.

Good luck!

• Blaming something on "society" is a coping mechanism to take fault away from one's self. Don't do that.

It's not that guys won't date women who are overweight, my ex girlfriend was about 10lbs over and I didn't care. However, men don't want a girl who's too overweight or obese. Looks aside, there's plenty of other problems associated with it. In addition, weight is something that can be changed, like most other flaws. If one can't put in the effort to better herself, that message comes across to guys that she isn't going to put any effort into him either. Just like most girls don't want a guy who can't take care of himself, most guys don't want a girl that they always have to take care of. That's why. It sends a terrible message and guys don't want to end up with a mistake.

Before a date can happen though, this whole feeling crappy about life thing must go out the window. Until a woman loves herself, she won't be able to gain the love of a man.

• I have ansr this million time already , So if a girl dosent date ad fat guy is she a bitch no. If a girl doesn't date a guy because he's 2 short dose is that mean. I used to be fat i changed that, know i'm just short. I can't change that. So how is being fat unacceptable is is acceptable is just shows your lazy that's all and we all have what we are attracted to. For me i dont mind aa curvy girl but not a fat one.(((This is coming from a person that used to be fat and short and have no girl want him) So please shut up at this you

• Many guys will date a fat girl.

• Don't blame society. Blame yourself. It's not like you were born with a 3rd eye or something. All you have to do is lose weight.

• There are guys who will date overweight women, you just don't want those guys. Just being real.

• Nah, what it comes down to is preferences. There are people on YouTube and on the web who have fat fetishes. There are also guys who'd rather date a fat girl over a skinny girl too. Just keep looking.

• 1. People don't like fat people.
    2. You are a fat person.
    C. People don't like you.

Tada! \o/

What Girls Said 7

• so your saying not even a fat guy wants you? you can't tell me that that's not the case. for me I wouldn't date a fat guy because i take care of myself and want someone who takes care of them self as well. I want a relationship where we can benefit each other and make each other better. Fat women are only ugly if that have an ugly face... I have met a lot of bigger women who have such a beautiful soul and a pretty face. Look at society it is so messed up. they only put out what they want us to see, and think. I say no, I want to think for myself it's my freedom. there are the occasion fit guys that are insecure and do want a bigger girl because they will trust them not to leave them... who else could they possible get? but for you if you want someone who is fit I would suggest eating healthier, and adding some cardio to your schedule.

• First of all, you can't really blame people for having preferences.

Secondly, there are guys who will date overweight women, and think they are beautiful.

Third- yes society does tell us this, society says a lot of shit that people don't follow. The biggest concern should be health not beauty.

• Weight is something that can be changed with a little effort.

Just a question, really wondering. Would you date an overweight guy? If not, ask yourself why and you have answered your own question :)

• unfortuantely in society yes, it isn't seem as desirable. i wld say media play apart in standardizing beauty, so many girls are dying to be like supermodel or celebrities.
    please dont give up on urself, do something to lose the weight like work out but never on crush diet or dieting pills

• A woman confident and happy in her own skin is beautiful. I'm sure you are but I know how you feel.

• It depends on the face. You probably have an ugly face. It's not fat that is ugly. I know some beautiful girls who are fat and can get men. The only fat women who I see have that problem have ugly faces, but so do skinny ugly women. You'll never get rejected if you have a good-looking face. So I am assuming you're not attractive, and it has nothing to do with your weight.

• Fat is gross.. not society, my eyes tell me that!

• You're a bitch, and I just know that! :)