So, I've recently been finding myself more attracted to black women than I used to be (I'm white) and I was wondering if any black girls can help me?

not make an ass of myself by saying something that would be offensive to a black woman if I find myself on a date with her. I ask this because I've seen a few questions relating to black women and white men dating and one comment I saw frequently was that the white guy would say something not meaning to mean but it would be offensive. Could you ladies give some tips on things to avoid or share something that a white guy inadvertently did that maybe wasn't kosher lol?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree about the hair part. I always felt uncomfortable or insulted when a guy or just about anyone asked me if my hair is real. I understand why they ask, though, but it's better to stay away from that topic and really get to know the girl for who she is.

Don't compare her to other women (black, white, mixed, etc).

I guess overall be willing to accept her for who she is if you're really into her and treat her like a human. I totally understand the stereotypes, but no two black women are the same and it's better to stay away from that topic. For instance, there's a white guy I'm good friends with and he has never once asked if my hair is real, what I'm mixed with or why I look the way I do, why I speak the way I speak, etc. I haven't even asked him what he's mixed with and I honestly don't care because I think he's a wonderful person. We have normal conversations about life and laugh about things that have nothing to do with race or ethnicity. He's probably curious about all of those things, but he is smart enough to just get know me for me and he will figure out the answers without asking just from spending time with me.

Hope that helped!

• yeah because its not just black women who wear weave. white women do to but its just not a common stereotype... i agree with you entirely

What Girls Said 6

• the thing most white (people) guys who haven't been close to black people yet haven't realized is that the majority of black people aren't that different from them. by assimilation into a white controlled society which unfortunately is necessary in most cases to "get anywhere in life", we aren't all like what the media portrays. just dont say anything that would be offensive to anyone
    dont reference any stereotypes, chicken, the n word, drugs, weave, etc
    if you think her hair is pretty dont ask her if its real, just say its pretty.
    if you act like a gentleman and follow her lead you'll be fine.

• Just be careful with the hair situation. I'm black and that's something I am terrified of when I'm w/a white guy. That they won't accept me because of my hair. Don't touch the hair unless you ask.

• Look up what not to say to black women. Greater examples

• I'm black but I wouldn't get offended if u didn't mean it that way. But that's me lol. Just try not to say anything bout race or skin. Try to ignore the fact that ur from diff races nd just treat her like any other girl ud go out with.

• I think I can help I am Scottish and black you just love colored girls who wouldn't we have all these curves and edges just follow your heart

• Girls are girls... Whether Black or white ( or any race for that matter) you press the wrong button, you get the wrong answer! Lol... So its pretty much attractive when you're being yourself... The only tip is... Think before u talk..!

What Guys Said 1

• Treat her like a human and not a label.

• I get that but it can be easy to say something stupid before you realize it's stupid simply due to not knowing small cultural nuances

• I think the ratchet thing is kinda obvious lol

• True. Avoiding connecting her to her race can be tricky though. Other than that and of course not saying the N-word or the B-word you should be alright. Maybe try not to put focus on her hair either.