What should I get my new-ish boyfriend for Christmas?

We've been acquaintances since 2011, but started to see each other in September. He runs (a lot, half marathons and marathons and stuff), he loves video games, he has an Xbox 360, he's not really into professional sports, he's an RN, and he loves food. I want to get him something he'll like, without spending an arm and a leg. My budget is like $100-$120 ish, and I'm at a loss of what to get him. He's really picky and hard to shop for because if he wants something, he'll buy it for himself. I was going to buy him a video game he wanted, but I've walked into game stop with him multiple times and the guy recognized me and told me he had already preordered it for himself when I went in. He already has what Im assuming is fancy gaming stuff like a headset and whatever else you guys use, he takes really good care of it so im guessing it cost him a lot. I asked him about a pair of running shoes he wanted, he said not to bother because he already got them. He also just bought himself a new bottle of his favorite cologne. It's so frustrating lol, help me! Any suggestions? Thank you!

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, gift card is the best bet to go with - he can pick out what he wants since you already know that you have a low chance of getting him something worthwhile otherwise. Just make sure you pick the right amount, maybe decide on a gift spending limit with eachother so that you don't give him a $50 card and he buys you a pack of gum or something.

I mean, as a guy I have to suggest Christmas sex, but that's just something I have to suggest as all men have an honor system to try and get their fellow man laid.

What Guys Said 4

• give him something that he wants to have but doesn't have now or infact a good wallet will be more than enough, reason because he will be keeping it with himself 24/7, which will remind him of you throughout, for as long as he keeps that wallet. it will be economical and beneficial.

• Have you noticed anything that he has that is worn out? Does he have a gaming chair? What about some running clothes or a couple of tickets to go to a game?

• Why don't you buy him a T-Shirt of the sport team he likes?

• Gift. Card.

• That's so unpersonable and unthoughtful.

• It's actually not if you think about it. You know he's picky. You know you can't please him that way. So you get him a gift card and give him an experience; plan some games with him, give him the gift of your time, and then just be honest that you couldn't guess. Also make him a little something to commemorate your time together.

What Girls Said 1

• bake him cookies or his favorite treat, or make him a dinner. if you don't feel like cooking, take him out to dinner some place he likes. my next suggestion would be to get a gift card to a store he really likes. if you don't want to do that, have him come with you and pick something out and buy it for him. that way you're still thinking about him, and making sure he likes whatever he picks out, and you can spend time with him. i was thinking maybe have him pick out some running gear or activewear. :) or a small random gift could be one of those giftsets that come with body wash, aftershave, deodrant, a razor and shaving gel. like a shaving kit/grooming kit type thing. it's tricky shopping for guys sometimes! :C good luck. i hope i helped you a little bit