Why is he with me (18 characters is too short for a title apparently)?

I've been dating this guy for little under a month and I really like him, but he says he doesn't want any commitment right now. I can understand if he wants to wait a while longer before making us an actual couple, but he says the reason for not wanting commitment is because he may be moving to another state in 8 months and doesn't want to hurt anyone when and if he does. Now, in my experience, most guys who don't want commitment are mainly after sex, but he knows he won't be getting anything from me unless we are actually together, so I'm confused as to why he's sticking around. I mean, he even slept over on my couch last night without trying anything. Why would a guy be willing to stay over at the house of a girl that isn't their girlfriend without getting some action like that? I don't know if he's seeing anyone else that is giving him something--I don't think he is because whatever free time we have we usually spend together--but even if he was, why would he keep me around? He could get any number of girls who would give him more than the simple kisses I have. Why be with me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he really likes you and he wants to spend most of his time with you before he leaves, however he probably doesn't want to hurt you, Something like that happened to me.

What Guys Said 2

• This always bewilders me. I've been with a lot of women and some I haven't slept with. Stop feeding into the false notions of guys always wanting sex. Trust me some of us guys just LOVE to have female company sometimes. And it sounds like he enjoys your company as a person and as a woman.

• Stumped?

He must like your company. Good for you for not shelling out the free sex!

What Girls Said 1

• sounds like he might just like u as a friend and doesn't want to hurt you.

• But then why would he be really into kissing me and flirting with me and all that stuff? I can tell when a guy isn't actually into me, but that's not what he's been expressing.

• I would think guys could be more honest just by flat-out saying they only like you as a friend =\ But I guess we'll see.

• some just can't be honest especially if they dont wanna hurt your feelings...