Why won't the girl i've been dating kiss me?

I've been seeing this girl for a few weeks now and we seem to get along pretty well. We have been out together twice and been to eachothers houses a couple of times aswell. She seems to be fairly blunt when it comes to texting but she always seems to initiate conversation if we haven't messaged in a while and keeps inviting me over and stuff so im pretty sure she is interested. We haven't done anything that physical together, not even kissing. She always seems to be very affectionate when we are watching a movie or something, like cuddling up to me and playing with my hands and stuff, just no kissing and no sex. I have tried to kiss her when saying goobye twice now but both times she seemed to avoid it and just hug me instead. After the first time she did this she texted me after saying how much she regretted not doing it but she just "doesnt really know what is going on between us". She seems like a fairly nervous and shy person with this so i thought she could be afraid of getting hurt or something. I'm really starting to like her so I just wanted others opinions on the situation. Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• This girls is literally just like me! I was the exact same way when I first started dating my bf (we've been together for two years now). I Think that she is just nervous, likely inexperienced. Maybe she has kissed a guy before, but she probably isn't very experienced, and if she's shy anyway (like me haha) it 10x worse when you get in that 'are we gonna kiss' situation. My boyfriend was my first kiss and it was scary I felt like I didn't know what I was doing so I was always scared to and I would move so he'd kiss my cheek or just hug him (lol I basically ran away from two other guys who tried kissing me). And even after the first kiss if you're inexperienced it's scary, or if it's your first kiss with a new person. (Like 8/10 girls believe the first kiss tells you everyhing you need to know about the guy/relationship). So just make her comfortable and don't give up on her:)
    (My bf kissed me first when we we sitting cuddled watching a move-he put his hand on my cheek and turned my face so I was looking at him and just went for it-maybe you could try that, it might be too abrupt for her but if she's not okay with it she'll just turn so you get her cheek)

• '8/10 girls believe the first kiss tells you everyhing you need to know about the guy/relationship' really? does that basicly mean, even if a guy and a girl went out a couple of times and really liked eachother, if the first kiss wasn't as good as she expected, she will loose interest?

What Girls Said 4

• Hi, honestly without really being in this situation I don’t think any of us can give you a distinctive right answer. I can however try and give you 2 options which I think it must be one of
    1) (Which i think is least likely) Is she is trying to friendzone you, especially if she is a confident cliquey type girl this could be likely
    2) She finds intimacy difficult, this is very similar to how I acted when I first started dating, I really wanted to go on dates and kiss guys etc, but i was just too shy and scared about it and have a lot a regrets from times I wish i just had the balls to man up and kiss someone. If she's naturally a shy or awkward person I reckon its this one

• she's in shock. calm down if it's already going good the way it is and she likes you just pay attention to what she wants you to pay attention to. Example: She holds your hands you can hold her hands. She cuddles you you can cuddle her. The reason she's nervous is cause she thinks you just want sex and that once that happens you're gone. Or it could be possible that before you spontaneously happened she liked another guy and is now confused on how she feels because she wasn't expecting it. But she definitely does like you she just doesn't want to hurt you or make promises she doesn't know she can keep. Or she's a virgin and is really really over thinking of what comes next. I put my bets on virgin.

• She is either shy and nervous. Or she's not the kissing type of person

• Maybe it's just her shyness and nervousness. When she's more comfortable, she will. Especially because she said she regretted not.

What Guys Said 1

• Ah she's just nervous don't worry it will happen in time if its meant to be