Is it true that guys only fall in love once?

I've heard that guys fall hard for their first love and they give it their all. But once their heart is broken it never feels the same with other girls and that they always miss their first love. So do guys fall in love only once?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• It is not true that men can fall in love only once, or that men necessarily miss their first love. What is often true is that a man's first heartbreak will harden his heart to a significant degree. 'The first cut is the deepest'...

What Guys Said 4

• To some extent it's true. If it was serious and it didn't end due to something nasty she did, you will always remember your first love.
    Might not be love, but you will remember it.

And yes, the experiences will change you. That's how we develop as persons after all, by responding to events.

• If u find your one true love at the first attempt then yes but that doesn't usually happen so I'd say no. Everybody will love and lose somebody before finding the one they are meant to be with. Well almost everybody

• I hope not, because if that is the case then I am out of love.

• No. Agreed with evenlift, though, the first love is probably the one he's going to give the most to. After getting burned, guys are going to become more bitter and calloused. Many guys, after they get their share of burns and rejections, will stop seeing women in the favorable light that they used to, and deal with them accordingly.

What Girls Said 3

• I think both genders are capable of feeling that way... I mean, my first love will always be there and something I'll remember. The hurt is impossible to forget but eventually you do move on and it gets better and you start being able to feel just as happy (if not more) with someone else. But to never be able to feel love again is a bit far fetched. I don't think that's common. Eventually most people do move on at least to an extent where they can be happy with someone else again.

• no , where did you even hear that

• No it's not true. Guys fall in love the same way girls do :P