How to tell if a guy is genuine?

I just got out of an almost 6 month relationship back in October, I found out he had slept with my best friend a month and a half ago. It took me completely by surprise and he did not seem like the kind of guy to cheat. Is there a way to tell if a guy is genuine? I felt stupid for not catching what he did sooner and don't want to repeat that mistake

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• you can never tell that
    its only time taht tells you

• Is he talking? If so, that's a good indicator that he isn't genuine. Lol

• Don't use your bad experience to judge other guys. Go with your gut.

• Stalk his FB.

What Girls Said 1

• Take a break from dating for a while. There isn't a definitive way to know if anyone is genuine, let alone a guy. It would be great to be able to sus people out and know what their intentions were but it's quiet impossible. People always put their best foot forward, it's human nature. In regards to your cheating ex, don't paint all guys with the same brush. That's like saying the guys who you attract are destined to be assholes and that would be a reflection on you. You're probably a great girl and the guys you attract are more or less great guys. Don't be naieve but don't be too open right away. Let someone prove their worth to you. Easier said then done once you have be hurt in such a horrible episode of betrayle but I'm sure you can cope. As for your freued, I hope you got rid- what a cow!