Why don't ugly men date equally ugly girls?

Men complain a lot about girls not wanting them and that there's no hope for them but have they ever tried dating someone in the same league as them. Instead of only wanting hot girls that don't want to date them. Why is it even ugly guys only want the hottest girl or no girl?

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a strange phenomenon... one I don't quite understand.

'Ugly' guys still feel like they "deserve" an attractive hot girl.
    Whereas, many "ugly" girls will accept and "ugly" guy. AKA someone on her 'level'

This makes no sense to me... why don't 'uglier' males for for less attractive females..

honestly like, you'd get turned down way less if you played on your own level.

Sounds harsh. sounds shallow. but true.

What Guys Said 7

• Plenty of ugly people date each other. Haven't you ever wandered around a Walmart?

For both genders, all they know is that they develop attractions to specific people and want to act on it. Hell, many people don't quite grasp how attractive they themselves are.

The typical romantic movie doesn't help. Every plot involves the average joe looking guy eventually getting the girl of his dreams because her current boyfriend is eventually going to cheat on her or be a huge dickhead. People are taught that you have to fight for the things you want with every other aspect of life.

Also, guys don't aim for all or nothing. There is a wide range range of attractiveness and there are a lot of guys that won't even bother approaching the hottest girls. Wanting someone we find attractive is different than wanting the most beautiful girl within a 50 mile radius.

• I don't think any guy/girl is out of another guy/girls league. Its shallow to think such ways, and in my opinion is probably holding you back from dating a guy you think is out of your league.

• because "ugly" is a very subjective term

• Because some men are really shallow, I do believe it is incorrect to say that all "ugly" guys only ever go for the "hottest" girls.

• I didn't say all sorry if it seemed like I did lol

• Insecurity, I would guess. I could never date some dumb vapid woman.

• Well its hard to date when you don't even know where you stand as far as being ugly or attractive

• Social status.

What Girls Said 4

• What is actually ugly and what is beautiful?
    doesn't it all come down to Perception?

• I hate to seem shallow, but yeah I find this to be true as well. We all have leagues and just need to date comfortably within them. I won't ever date Keanu Reeves. Dang it.

• because "ugly" isn't a concrete concept
    What you think is ugly another person finds beautiful
    A dude who I think is a solid 10 is my friends 2 on a good day no joke

• This is something I don't understand either. I am unattractive. I know I am. So I will never go for good-looking men, there's only been one time I have. I've always gone for the men in my own league and they always reject me. They're always really harsh with me as well. I was told if he had to wake up beside a face like mine everyday he'd have to kill himself. One time a friend of mine told me to ask out this cute guy. I knew he'd say no because of all the rejection I've had in the past by average to below average men. I don't know what made me do it, but I asked him out. He actually gave me a chance. We didn't even up connecting well, but he was very polite when he turned me down later. We actually still talk sometimes.