Went on perfect date. Guy said he didn't feel spark... Do guys actually feel sparks in the movies on a first date?

Movies v. Real life. Too high of expectations?

Do guys feel sparks like in the movies on a first date?

Most Helpful Guy

• I may be able to tell based on how you look in person along with our interaction. Sometimes I know really fast, like in 5 minutes.

What Guys Said 4

• hahaa! oh man. that's a funny question. :D guys usually feel a spark when they first see you, well depends on the guy really. but a movie date? I would like to say... fuck no.

• like in the movies** we went to dinner and a movie though

• No we were making jokes throughout the movie it was a documentary on snowboarding and we both love snowboarding.

• hence your snowboarding question posted shortly after :D

• It's just a chemistry thing. Everything factors in, the way you look, the way you speak, your interests, your clothes, the color of your hair, the sound of your laugh, your smile, etc, etc. And yes, guys know pretty quickly whether we're down with you. Girls are the same. It's been said that a girl decides whether she'd fuck a guy in the first 30 seconds.

• You mean like do we get electric shocks from our phones malfunctioning in our pockets or something? Do we feel sparks from static electricity built up from the material on the seats or something?
    I don't get what you mean by a spark.

• are you serious? you don't know?

• No, I'm joking and I know what you mean. The answer is no, I personally have never felt a proverbial "spark" like in a movie or a romance novel.

Although every time I use the self serve checkout in the shops I get a static electric shock when I touch the screen.

• Clearly he does.

• You mean doesn't

• Well, does. He didn't feel it with you. I guess that means you didn't pass.

What Girls Said 3

• Ya, they do. Same as you will when it is right :).

• People say: life and love aren't like the movies. Well for the most part that's true, but true passion and chemistry are a million times more intense and romantic than the movies and does happen.

• I have had this once in my life! It was amazing and mutual :)