Do girls ever like quieter guys?

I'm in college, and social life here seems to be all about competing to be the loudest, funniest, and most outgoing person. This is especially true with guys, because it seems like girls only like the guys who are entertainers. I know there have to be girls out there who like quieter guys, but I'm not sure they are college aged. Are low-key guys like me destined to be overlooked by girls while in college?

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh yes, quite guys are my thing.
    The guy that I am crushing on at the moment is quite and he has a sense of innocence to him. That is something that intrigues me and want to make me know more about him. Loud guys are overrated. But NEVER lose hope and think that all girls want that type of guy because you are wrong. There are girls out there that will look at you and want you just as you are.

• Thanks for the encouragement. I do feel like it's hopeless sometimes, because even the girls who are my classmates in science and engineering (i. e. my fellow nerds) don't seem to want to date the guys who are like them. I don't get it. I'm not a bad looking guy and I've worked hard to get lean, but I'm still on the outside looking in even though I'm not focusing on the most popular girls.

What Girls Said 6

• i'm in college and I promise you the first guy I go for at the party is the one standing awkwardly next to the wall drinking alone, probably feeling super awkward. Everyone feels like that and it's super attractive when a guy doesn't try to hid it. Girls probably aren't over looking you they're just admiring you from a far thinking you're mysterious and praying you'll go talk to them haha. I say just keep being yourself and some girl is bound to build up the courage and say hi. or better yet, go say hi first :)

• I do socialize with girls, but at the end of the day, they end up gossiping about the really popular guys and wishing they could be with them. I just feel like all the girls really want a very small number of guys, and if they can't have one of them, then they're content to abstain from dating. I don't see how that helps anyone. We're all going to graduate college as socially stunted people without relationship experience.

• I personally prefer shy, low-key guys but I know most girls think otherwise. I'll give you some advice, play off of your shyness. A lot girls like "mysterious" guys. Try being quiet while looking cool. No fidgeting. No looking around. Sit down and look in control of your emotions. It'll be hard work but it'll pay off. Wardrobe is also important. Wear something that'll make you stand out, like a trench coat. Then, when you find a girl you like, don't expect her to come to you. Most girls (not me) prefer the guy to approach.

Then, the few times you do talk, be mean. I hate to say this, but I've seen in work on many girls. Poke fun at girls. Be sarcastic, rude, or selfish. My best friend is like this and he gets girls where ever he goes.

• I don't know I like a guy who seems pretty quiet or "average" sooo yeah I guess we exist?

• yeah, they do, but I love quiet guys who are actually really funny😂😂

• Are you quiet all the time? For me, I like guys who can make me laugh when it's just the two of us or someone I can talk about anything. But funny, loud guys really attract women first, I guess.

• No, I'm not quiet all the time, it's just that I'm not an entertainer. I love to talk, though, but I'm not a naturally funny person, though I do have a sense of humor. It seems like girls just sit back and wait to be entertained. Most girls aren't interested in having real conversations about real things. That's why I feel like I'll be forced to wait until I'm older for girls to take me seriously. At this age, girls just want the frat star who makes the most noise, at least, that's how it seems.

• I think I'll have to. The girls who actually seem interested in a normal guy are working-class girls. The only girl who really ever saw me as somebody was a Hispanic girl I used to work with who was from a relatively poor family. All the girls in college have almost unrealistic expectations. That's why so many girls at my college are single. They ignore the guys like me and then wonder why they don't get asked to formals.

• That's true. Well, I wish you luck and I hope you'd find one soon. :)

• You should not think I am a college student the more shy guy girls like is the one that can stand up to some and considers their relationship serious

What Guys Said 0