Is it weird to have a thing with a younger dude in high school? I'm a senior and he's a junior?

Hello! So I've been having a bit of trouble. I've been dating this guy for a while now and i JUST found out he's younger than me by a few months. I don't know why it bugs me so much, I think its because I've always gone for boys that are older than me. We get along great for the most part, enjoy each others company, but what always stops me is the fact that he's just a little younger than me. We are both 17 but have a small difference of months and by grade. I didn't know this until he told me and I didn't want to drop a good guy just because of a stupid age difference, but now it's starting to get into my mind a bit. Is it okay to date someone who's a bit younger than you and by grade? Please any advice and opinions would be wonderful! Thank you :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Pft? A couple months? Please. I have my boyfriend by two years and a couple months. It's seriously not that big of a deal. Except for when you turn 18. Then for those couple months you two can't do anything sexual because that's called statutory rape.

What Guys Said 1

• Its okay, in my opinion 2 years is too much, but one is fine.

What Girls Said 2

• Girl, if you like the guy, don't let a little age gap ruin it. There are lots of couples wherein the girls are years older than the guy. So, yours will be fine. Just enjoy it. :)

• No, I'm a junior and 17, but I like a guy who's a freshman and probably like 14 or 15. He's really smart though and super cute. He seems like he's pretty mature too. I don't know him all that well. I'm not some sexual predator or anything. I certainly would not take advantage of him because I am barely experienced myself. At my school grade differences don't really matter all that much. We don't really see grades, we just see people.