Do guys really get nervous?

Do guys really get nervous to ask a girl out? And would you be happier if a girl you liked asked you out first?

Most Helpful Guy

• Any guy who says he doesn't get nervous is full of shit. All men get nervous to a degree, but through experience we learn to ignore the nervous feeling and ask her out anyway. It's nothing that happens over night, just something we learn through trial and error from previous rejections.

What Guys Said 15

• I get very nervous myself. I've always been afraid of failing. With anything. But it's the worst when I really care about a girl and don't want to get rejected.
    I can ask girl I'm somewhat interested in on a date without any hesitation. But when I really care about someone, I'm super afraid of rejection.
    Right now I'm in a phase that I feel like I HAVE to ask her out. But I'm paralyzed by the thought of getting rejected. The fact guys always have to be confident to be attractive makes it even worse for me.

• no I don't really get nervous. I just do it and take whatever the outcome is. and I rather ask her out, I have no idea the shit she would have planned for me if she asked me out. bahahaa

• I have a bit of a momentum problem, so I'll start a conversation trying to chat someone up or whatever and it'll just bog down and die horribly. So that makes me a little nervous. Getting asked out would be neat. I think it's a lot easier to respond to a question than it is to ask a question.

• Yes some guys get really nervous when it comes to asking a girl out.

I'm indifferent with the second part. I feel if a girl wants me she should ask me out, and if I want her I should ask her out. It doesn't really matter to me who does it as long as it's not this thing (that's so common) where the girl likes the guy but will never ask him out.

• If I know her I personally don't think I would be nervous asking a girl out. I've had no issue with girls asking me out. I think a lot of guys do get nervous though. I'm not particularly scared of rejection though, well like to the extent I've heard some guys talk about.

• Yes, we get very nervous when asking a girl out. The less nervous a guy is, the less he cares. And it would seem to be better to have girls ask us out, but it feels better when we take the initiative. That said, if there's a guy you like, you do need to take pains to be sure that he knows you're into him.

• I get scared, I prefer the girl takes the risk. I'm shy.

On the other hand, I can still do the job, but I don't like it.

• Yes, I get nervous. After an uncomfortable situation like that, if it goes wrong, I'll be replaying it in my head and hating myself for blowing it.

• Yes, guys can get really nervous about asking a girl out. For me, it is the fear of being rejected by the girl you fancy. There have been many times that I wish a girl would ask me out. Especially since there have been girls who had a crush on me, but never spoke up to let me know. I wouldn't find out till their friends told me after the fact.

• I get extremely nervous, I start sweating, I feel sick etc. I don't know why, I ought to be used to rejection by now.

• definitely yes to both of them. after meeting her for a couple of times, it might be easier for me. me the first time i get really nervous!! but im just a shy person in general, so i think thats normal to me

• Im always nervous :(

• All the time. ...
    and it's awesome to be asked out. Awesomeness is not gender biased

• Um, he'll yeah to both.

• It depend on the girl if she look nice and aproachable its easy to ask her but if she look so serious and in some way not nice well that cause nervouses

What Girls Said 0