Men, would sex on a first date ruin chances of a relationship?

What if you've been talking for 4 or 5 months before the first date after meeting each other? That's my situation, we met in a club admittedly, but anyway it was really intense; passion, chemistry. Now that we can both finally meet (long story), he suggested showing me his new house and cooking for me or going for drinks. I wanted the 1st. If it was like before, got on great etc and we ended up having sex would that ruin our/my relationship potential? I haven't been around (only slept with 1 other, both early 20's) but he doesn't know that. Honestly, he's like a male model and still remembers what I look like apparently.

It's not that I'm in a rush and I'm not planning on having sex. I just would like to be prepared in case. It was pretty intense last time we met, he'll be hard to resist. I'm just deciding if we're there. both want to/have a moment etc, should i.

Most Helpful Guy

• almost the same story happened to me...hummm 4 years ago...talkin to the girl for about 5 weeks on msn and the phone...then she came visit,cooked for her,went clubbing then came back home, she slept ova and we had sex...then end it up dating her for 2 years.

"WATCH OUT" the man can be a playa...tell you the truth,i was a playa, who would try to see how far I can go...and most of the time it worked...until that one night stand...not because of sex but by the way she reacted days after...

anyways to make it short...every guy like one night stand but just for sex and nothing more...

for you to tell him that u've only slept with 1 other...it won't matter...because if he is a playa...i'm pretty sure that he've heard that line "i'm not usually like this by the way" ...so just be yourself talk to him the same way you were talkin to him before..dont over react and start acting like he is the man of your life...

ps:stop rushing...nuttin to hurry

What Guys Said 2

• He sounds like a player. You shouldn't give it up so easily to a guy regardless of what he looks like. Personally for me its a giant turn off if a girl puts out on the first night, or even within the first ten dates. Honestly, what is the hurry?

• sometimes yes it will ruin you'r chances of a relationship. just wait and see what gonna happpen if you already had sex with him.

What Girls Said 4

• If you want him to be a long lasting relationship then I suggest acting like a lady - not that you aren't but just saying is all. Make him want you and by doing that, he will respect you for waiting.

Sex doesn't always lure a man to your heart - just to your bed.

• Whatever happened to romance? Its ok to wait till you are in an exclusive relationship for any sort of sexual activity. Unless, you really want a f**k buddy, then by all means - go get you some. If, you want a relationship, then please - keep your legs together until you know you two are committed and if he doesn't want that, then all he wanted in the first plc was to get in your pants.

• no, and I'd choose going for drinks rather than seeing his house for that reason!

• why are you in such a rush? the anticipation is half the fun ;)