Approaching women and asking them out?

It seems that the majority of women think that it's the man job to approach them if they're interested which is fair enough, but when I attempt to do this the reactions I seem to get is along the lines of how dare you approach me and ask me for my number, I'm always pleasant to them and try to have a bit of a conversation first and can usually make them laugh, but the moment you ask about going out or a phone number, well it's like you just massively insulted them, what should I do? I do the approaching am pleasant and easy going as you should be, but then get a reaction as though you just insulted them.

Thanks for your replies, I never ever take a direct approach and always try to get a conversation going to find a mutual interest, then casually say maybe when the conversation seems relaxed perhaps we could get together and have a longer chat sometime, you say some people we should never approach, who are they exactly? If they were labeled "unapproachable " I perhaps wouldn't, sadly all this does no good at all for my self esteem and confidence.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're making it seem as if her number is too special and boosting her ego in a way which can ends up backfiring. Next time bring up and event happening or place you want to visit then propose that it would be fun if she were there with you when you go, she'll say yeah that sounds really fun. Then you say great how should I get in contact with you? At that point she just gives you her number and you have made it seem as if she's more interested because you never really demanded her number as much as it sucks dating really is just a mind game. Hope this helps!

• yea what he said man take a indirect approach or let small talk turn into big talk

What Girls Said 3

• Woah, who are these hesitant females?
    Alright, well in my lifetime of experience with such stuff, I guess the only explanation for this is that women will usually smile and give you their number if they find something interesting about you. Personally, I actually take everything into consideration, but yes, you do get those girls that simply ask themselves, "Is he cute? If not NO." Unfortunately, people often intake personal appearance as the only factor to base their decisions on. Next time, if it seems they want to play hard to get, just walk away man, and on to someone who will appreciate a good laugh and a charming conversation, the good ole' fashioned way.

• It's creepy

• Thats girls for you xD. Nah but I mean maybe they either aren't into you or just dont find you attractive. I would personaly not give out my number to some random guy

What Guys Said 3

• Where do approach them? Maybe you aren't as nice as you think you are, maybe your game is off, maybe you are approaching the wrong girls.

• your older than me so you should know that CERTAIN PEOPLE IN GENERAL can't be approached

• they could be testing you