She cancelled our date, but Im still interested. what should I do?

I asked her out, she said yes, but cancelled a few days later via text saying that she had just gotten out of a rough relationship and was not ready to start dating again. she was very very sorry for leading me on, and was upset that she couldn't get herself sorted out. told me how great a guy i am, the type she'd date long term, but she's just not ready for that. lets be friends.
tried to see if she just wanted to hang out sometime, wasn't having it.

ouch, but fair enough I guess. i tell her no worries, i get it, see ya around.

This was all a few months ago. i still see her fairly regularly, and whenever i do ill say hi and we'll chat for a bit. it always goes well, all smiles and laughs. id call us friends, but it doesn't go further than bumping into her when i do, which kind of sucks.

Im still interested in this girl but don't know what to do about it, if anything. should I take the initiative and ask her out again? or just hang back and let whatever happens happen?

not a lot of people on here say thank you for reading their shit. so if you've taken the time to read this, thank you.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• I think you should just ask her