Does he see me as just a friend or more…and what about my friend who likes him too?

So recently I've gotten closer to a friend and I have a crush on him. I can't tell if his actions are just friendly or if it's more. He always sits next to me in class, he complimented my eyes and my personality, and is always in my personal space. He gets really close and he playfully touches my back or arm. Today we hugged and he was tickling me. It's easy to talk to him and we both laugh a lot but I'm not sure if he's just being really friendly. Could he like me? Besides I'm also worried because my best friend likes him too. We told each other at the same time and then she told him how she felt and he didn't say anything so today I told him that maybe he should go out with her (I like him but I want her too b happy). He said that he just didn't click with her like that and that it wouldn't work out. I feel like we have chemistry but he never texts me and my friend says that they text a lot… I don't know what it all means and it's frustrating. I talked to my friend and she said that she'd be a little hurt at first but that she'd get over it because she'd be happy for me. If he does in fact like me I don't want it to ruin our friendship but I've never dated before and I really like him. She just got out of a relationship a few months ago and she's in a sticky situation with a guy that she almost dated a few weeks ago. Would I be awful if I went for it?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• look, since you both like him, it depends on who he truly likes to determine the couples now. you can't say he should be with your friend just cuz she likes him too. if he likes you (which you should figure out sooner rather than later), then be with him and confess to your friend honestly that you both like each other. you can't force relationships. if you forced your friend and him together when he likes you or someone else altogether, all of you would be in pain because 1) he can't be with the one he likes and who likes him back; 2) your friend would be able to feel that although his physical self is with her, his heart is not, and that is more painful than not being with him altogether (a so-close-but-so-far feeling); and 3) you would be in pain to see him date someone else (especially your best friend) when the two of you like each other. so figure it out with him. see if he likes you, and if he does, you guys should be honest to your friend rather than trying to lie about it (which would make her even more hurt)