Being scared of rejection?

Is there away i can get over it. I'm also really shy.

0|0
1|6

Most Helpful Guy

• I try to look at it like this. Using the example of asking a girl out:

If you dont approach because you are afraid - you don't get to go out with her
    If you approach and are rejected - you sont get to go out with her.

So the worst outcome (being rejected) is the exact same as never approaching because you are afraid.

Another way to look at it is this... you own a restaurant that makes the best chinese food in town. Like THE BEST - but yet, some people on a given night won't come in your restaurant. It's not because your Chinese food is horrible, it's because they prefer Italian. You've not gone to a restaurant on a given night - even one you like - because you prefer something else.

1|0
    0|0
    • That's a great way to look at it !

What Guys Said 5

• Lol, what you're feeling isn't even close to how bad men feel about it. Take your anxiety about rejection and for some men that's X10 the amount of anxiety and fear.

0|3
    0|0
  • After a few rejections, being rejected won't bother you anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • You just have to go through with it the first few times and hope for the best. I think girls have a lower rejection rate compared to guys overall plus being a girl should mean you get approached somewhat, so you won't end up like those whiny, fedora-donning weenises who never get any attention.

Pity the blokes through, the onus is usually put on them to approach and with 80-90% rejection rates no wonder many become jaded players. It's literally; man up and take the hit everytime - which sucks - or stop giving a fuck - which goes in opposition to hitting on someone you like, which also sucks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try online dating. Less impact to any rejection as you are not right there and you can go onto the next one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Welcome to being a guy :)

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Me to i am afraid of rejection. But it's a big pong out there and u have 2 test the waters. Just get over ur fear. Everyone goes through rejection. Learn from ur mistakes, keep ur head up high and hopefully one won't reject u.

1|0
    0|0