Is Facebook very important in the modern dating world?

I wonder what dating was like before the digital age.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• On one hand I like it in the beginning because I"m able to creep on him a little. And for whatever reason, it makes him seem like a normal/real person to see his friends, pictures, etc. However, Facebook causes a world of trouble in a relationship, and has been the root of many fights in my last relationship. When to change the relationship status, what your profile pic is, who you've been chatting with, etc. I'd almost prefer my next boyfriend not have a Facebook to avoid worrying about it.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think it's Facebook that really matters in dating. Maybe having a phone may be important, but I don't think Facebook is so much.

• Less drama

What Guys Said 4

• No fuck all these cell phones and social media sites, they should not influence relationships. If a girl can handle me choosing not to own a cellphone or using social media, we're gonna have some issues. Don't let these modern forms of technology dictated your life and relationships.

• Facebook is as important as a pencil inside your car in the dating world

• It's completely irrelevant in my experience - except that Tinder draws photos and your likes/friends off it, but Tinder is a tiny part of dating.

• Honestly it doesn't matter at all. It isn't advised to ask girls out over FB, maybe dating sites are a better example for finding love in modern day. FB is primarily used just to show people pictures/get in touch with old friends.