Why Does it Hurt When Someone Doesn't Like You?

It's happened to all of us. We like someone, but they don't feel the same way. Why does it hurt though? And why does it hurt sometimes more times than others?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have this happening right now. I think people just regret wasting so much time thinking and caring about that person when it could have been used for something better. When the person you likes says no, it is like you asked them to fill in that empty part in your soul and they are already filling in someone elses. Before I told my crush, I thought about him so much and put him on a pedestal of my thoughts. I got into the habit of it, and now it is so strong I can say I am in love. I thought there was a minuscule bit of hope that he may like me back. It went done in flames. He didn't like me back. I cared so much and after so long you run out of caring and love to give away. You need some in return to stay alive. Humans all need other people to live. It sometimes hurts more than others because you dig yourself so deep in thought that it is impossible to get out. You cry for help and jump and scream but you cannot get help to get out and later fill that empty void were hope once was.

What Girls Said 4

• No, one wants to be rejected...

• I don't know. I've actually thought that too.

• I think it hurts because life is so nasty, brutish, and short. We are born as such selfish and self centered human beings. We think we deserve everything, and so when we don't get what we want, it hurts us because society is going against our original state of mind.

• I guess it is our ego. I feel you. The guy I like.. It's confusing but I think he just wants to be my friend.

Our ego is too fragile and it can be break easily. It the huge exposure no one sees.

What Guys Said 1

• Sometimes it makes us look at parts of ourselves we otherwise shut our eyes to. We can start to wonder if those things are what the other person doesn't like about us.
    Rejection of any kind leads you to wonder what it was they didn't see in you, that they obviously see in others (assuming they're not forever alone).