My girlfriend & I? Is she too young?

I'm 20 & my girlfriend is 16. We have been dating since she was 14 & I was 18 so it's a 4 year age difference. It's hard because sometimes she can't hang out with me past 11pm and she still has all these rules and restrictions & my friends keep giving me flack telling me she's jail bate.. She's very developed for her age & she is not a virgin & I was not her first either. I really am in love with her & we have been together for 2 years & by next year when she turns 17 I want to ask her to marry me. Is this a stupid idea? Is she too young?

Most Helpful Girl

• thats cute no she's not to young i wouldn't be asking her to marry u next year though let her have a few party years before that happens there's no rush is there maybe wait till she's like 20 21 before coz then at least u know u r both fully ready for it!

What Girls Said 2

• That's a for year age difference, I'm 18 and I would say a one or two year age difference, just because I don't want to get involved into something that I might regret. She is to young for you in my opinion. Find someone around your age that is like 21 or 22 and see where that goes or takes you. But I mean if that's what you want, then go for it.

• Yeah she's to young for you. 4 year age difference? her parents approve? Why not find a girl your age you can go drink and party with. not a child.

What Guys Said 1

• Listen dude it's not bad to date a girl with that kind of difference. But marring her is something i would save until you guy's have more experience at least living together full time in your own place. But i would at least wait till you and her get more life experiences under your belt's. If your relationship is worth set and your truly going to be together for a long time than waiting a few extra years will do you no harm. But it's better to give it some time for your relationship to mature before you put it all on the line. I mean who knows you might start to live with her and in a year or two can't wait to get rid of her.